Spaff

Super Paper Mario comes to Europe, but I'm not excited any more...

I actually never played Half-Life 2, so Orange Box is extraordinary value for money for me. 5 new games for probably around 50 Euros; all of them red hot.

:tup:

Er, if you buy via steam you pay the dollar price, it is more like 30 Euros or £22:tup: :tup:

I just pre-ordered Super Paper Mario off Amazon and it's going to be great so shut up.

I'm finally going to Uni (some years late) in about 2 weeks so I need something to do during the day. Also, I only have 1 game for my Wii that isn't either Wii Sports or Wii Play... :gaming:

I don't mind waiting, I played Okami a few weeks ago and I don't think I would have loved it more if I had bought it the day it came out...

I'm starting to lose interest in Spore only because I'm afraid it will end up with some insane requirements which each delay...

I'm still excited about the new Smash Bros. game though... and Sam & Max Season 2, Vampire Story, Zelda Phantom Hour Glass... And possibly a few more?:erm:

(I'm also excited about the Tingle game and MySims):deranged:

Imagine this.

There was a time, before the internet, when I didn't know anything about video games until they *were already out*. I would convince my mom that I had really, truly, thoroughly beaten the current game I was on (because she said it was a waste of money to buy a second game if you hadn't finished your first), and then she would drive me to Toys 'R' Us. There, I would rows and rows and rows of little pictures of the boxart of games, with a title, price and maybe a brief description. Based on THIS INFORMATION ALONE, I would make a purchasing decision, run home, and begin playing the game.

What happened if the game sucked, you ask? Well, tough shit for me. I would have to play through the entire damn thing before my mom would even contemplate an additional purchase.

Moral of the story: When I was a kid, we bought shit like SmartBall and we hyped ourselves, dammit! We played through the whole thing, and we liked it! BECAUSE WE HAD TO.

So, let's look at the back of the box (by which I mean an Amazon.com listing) and get you all properly hyped, as if you just found the slip in Toys 'R' Us that says "Super Paper Mario - $49.99"

• Run through vibrant 2D worlds, stomping on enemies and breaking blocks
  • With the press of a button, flip into 3D and find hidden paths, battle foes and uncover secrets hidden from 2D eyes
  • Hold the Wii Remote sideways and control the game in classic Super Mario Bros. style
  • Play as Peach and Bowser, both with their own sets of essential skills

Duuuuuude! Play as Peach AND Bowser! There might me levels where you're trying to conquer Mario in Mario's Castle! The possibilities are endless! And check it out, you can hold the controller sideways, like an NES! Can you imagine the special effects involved in flipping from 2D to 3D? It will be so freaking great, that you don't even know!

Alright, if that doesn't get you hyped, then NOTHING WILL.

Imagine this.

There was a time, before the internet, when I didn't know anything about video games until they *were already out*. I would convince my mom that I had really, truly, thoroughly beaten the current game I was on (because she said it was a waste of money to buy a second game if you hadn't finished your first), and then she would drive me to Toys 'R' Us. There, I would rows and rows and rows of little pictures of the boxart of games, with a title, price and maybe a brief description. Based on THIS INFORMATION ALONE, I would make a purchasing decision, run home, and begin playing the game.

What happened if the game sucked, you ask? Well, tough shit for me. I would have to play through the entire damn thing before my mom would even contemplate an additional purchase.

Moral of the story: When I was a kid, we bought shit like SmartBall and we hyped ourselves, dammit! We played through the whole thing, and we liked it! BECAUSE WE HAD TO.

So, let's look at the back of the box (by which I mean an Amazon.com listing) and get you all properly hyped, as if you just found the slip in Toys 'R' Us that says "Super Paper Mario - $49.99"

• Run through vibrant 2D worlds, stomping on enemies and breaking blocks
  • With the press of a button, flip into 3D and find hidden paths, battle foes and uncover secrets hidden from 2D eyes
  • Hold the Wii Remote sideways and control the game in classic Super Mario Bros. style
  • Play as Peach and Bowser, both with their own sets of essential skills

Duuuuuude! Play as Peach AND Bowser! There might me levels where you're trying to conquer Mario in Mario's Castle! The possibilities are endless! And check it out, you can hold the controller sideways, like an NES! Can you imagine the special effects involved in flipping from 2D to 3D? It will be so freaking great, that you don't even know!

Alright, if that doesn't get you hyped, then NOTHING WILL.

But back in the good ol' days we got a few new games released each month instead of a babillions each week! Not to mention the sequels game out several years later instead of 6 months later!

How couldn't you be hyped back then! :erm:

Just playing a console game in 2-D and not have to worry about going perfectly straight before I jump in order to stay alive pleases me.

Wait, wait, Tanu... you're saying that in the past, sequels would take LONGER than now to make? Games were a lot shorter to create back then, so that doesn't compute. From the perspective of the EA/Ubisoft/Activision sequel franchises it might be correct that there's merely a year between their release, but if we look at the Blizzard scale of development time...

Warcraft I -> Warcraft II: 10 months (!)

Warcraft II -> Warcraft III: A Babillion Years.

WTF, is babillion the new official number of Idle thumbs or something?

"This show was brought to you by the number babillion, and the letter omega-prime"

babillion is the shortest recorded time it takes to rape a million babies, I'm currently on a mission to reduce this time to 12.5 years (from 23.7 years) this requires me to rape over 200 babies a day.

Ok, now what the hell was that?

I'm so getting this game after seeing this clip.

I saw it in Asda yesterday for the obscure price of £28.71 so I bought it and canceled my Amazon order. I just tested it since I don't really want to start it before i go to Uni but so far so good...

Ok, now what the hell was that?

I'm so getting this game after seeing this clip.

The guy who wrote that "message boards" thing is one of the early bosses in the game. His entire base is pretty damn good.

Bought it.

You should have told that everybody in the game has something to say about Mario's mustache! That's all the justification you really need for buying this game.

At least it would have worked for me. :getmecoat