Spaff

Super Paper Mario comes to Europe, but I'm not excited any more...

Subject says it all really, Super Paper Mario is coming here on Friday, but after 6 months of waiting for it I'm just not excited about playing it any more, in fact I'm not even going to buy it.

Someone help me to get hyped or this again cus NOE is doing fuck all to get anyone interested in it, NOE do fuck all in general though.

I know i used to really really want to play this game, I even got angry about it on my blog.

:tdown:

Other things I'm not excited about any more:

Spore

Portal

Team fortress 2 is fading fast

Wii

Same problem here.

The next months/weeks is full of massive games but I cannot put my finger on one that really excite me. Sure, I want to play some of them but it's not a major excitement.

Maybe this is the after bioshock effect on me.

I still want it and I'm still gonna get it but yeah I agree, my enthusiasm has definitely gone down for it.

We really need some non-"European" people in this thread

It is my duty to inform you that regrettably, Super Paper Mario isn't such an excitable title to begin with. It's certainly decent, but not worth getting all hyped up over. I give it an 8,5 in the next [N]Gamer, which isn't a bad grade at all, but is disappointing if you consider that in our mind's eyes it rated at least 9+.

At the moment I'm not particularly excited about a lot of games either. Bioshock is out, so that bottle's opened; Mass Effect does still hold some intruige; and really only Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney gets me revved.

And Diablo 3. Which isn't even announced yet, but still.

Agreed. I was 100% on getting that game when it was released in US. Now I'm not completely sure. Finnish gaming mag review that praised the game's humor raised my interest a little, however, so I might buy it just to see if my dusty Wii still works.

I blame Nintendo Europe for this, and most of the other things that are wrong in this world. No matter how unfair some may consider it.

I think my interest for Spore is lost forever, though. At first it sounded like a nice little idea, and I would have even considered buying it if it had been released shortly after the announcement. I really don't see myself getting excited again in 2012 when the game is finally released.

2012? you gotta be fucking kidding me?

It's bad enough that the most recent footage of Spore shows that the art design has been changed into something resembling pre-school television.

It should be released sometime next year. It just seems to be one of those projects that constantly get delayed.

Other things I'm not excited about any more:

Spore

Portal

Team fortress 2 is fading fast

Wii

I think Team Fortress 2 is one of the only things I am looking forward to.

But I'm now no longer looking forward to ET:Quake Wars and Hellgate London I think is fading a bit for me. Maybe I just need somone to tell me some awesome stuff about Hellgate.

Edit: Oh! And also Star Craft 2 I think could be good.

I found Super Paper Mario to be tortuously slow, coming as a fan of the first two and the Mario & Luigi games.

Now that the season of insanely numerous anticipated games is upon me, my hype is diminished some. You may have something there with Bioshock being so good, it's hard to believe that every other game will live up to it's hype. Still looking forward to Phoenix Wright, Mario Galaxies, Smash Bros Brawl, Portal, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and the new season of Sam & Max, even when my bank account isn't.

Still excited about Team Fortress 2, but I'm not sure how well that would last if it was delayed any further.

There was supposed to be some big Team Fortress 2 announcement released today, btw.

So it does!

The Orange Box games are still on my list of cool, as is Assassin's Creed. Like Nick, Hellgate London and Quakewars have been downgraded to a "hmm?" for me, as have the various MMOs in development.

Yep, MMOs as a whole are becoming less and less appealing. Something exciting really needs to come along, they all seem very average and dull to me at the moment.

Although if there's one I would pick as my next MMO I think it would be WAR.

We are all jaded and depressed clearly, but one thing is clear, people need to announce their games and then release them in the same 12 months max, or idle forumers will be bored of the hype. :)

except Mr Schafer, we are all used to waiting 5 years for Schafer games.

so no one is going to actually re-hype me on this one?

Super Paper Mario am cry.

There was supposed to be some big Team Fortress 2 announcement released today, btw.

And here it is.

Basically, pre-order the Orange Box now and you ge to play the TF2 beta in a couple of weeks.

And here it is.

Basically, pre-order the Orange Box now and you ge to play the TF2 beta in a couple of weeks.

What the hell? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of discounted package for the many, many people who already bought Half-Life 2, and the still significant ones who bought episode one? By Valve's current pricing, it's apparently a $35 savings off buying just the new games individually, but still. Telling me to give HL2 to a friend isn't really a solution (as most of my gamer friends already have HL2) and including it makes me feel like the price would have been cheaper had it not been included. :hmph:

We are all jaded and depressed clearly, but one thing is clear, people need to announce their games and then release them in the same 12 months max, or idle forumers will be bored of the hype. :)

so no one is going to actually re-hype me on this one?

Super Paper Mario am cry.

Twelve months? More like 6.

I too was pretty excited for Super Paper Mario. Its US release window was a good time, among a relative scarcity of other interesting games. I don't have any interest in buying it ahead of the half dozen games I'm buying between a fortnight ago and Christmas however.

What the hell? Wasn't there supposed to be some sort of discounted package for the many, many people who already bought Half-Life 2, and the still significant ones who bought episode one? By Valve's current pricing, it's apparently a $35 savings off buying just the new games individually, but still. Telling me to give HL2 to a friend isn't really a solution (as most of my gamer friends already have HL2) and including it makes me feel like the price would have been cheaper had it not been included. :hmph:

sales -1

It's episode 2 + TF2 + Portal + Peggle Extreme for only $45. I don't find that expensive at all.

What is everyone's problem for getting Halflife 2 and episode 1 free with the package? Did you really expect that ep2 + portal + TF2 would be cheaper than 45 dollars?

It's not expensive, it's great value and it's just ridiculous to take a stand against them giving away HL2 & Episode 1 in the package.

Seriously how cheap do you want 3 games to be?

Would you complain if say Nintendo released Mario Galaxy with a free copy of Mario Sunshine at standard retail price?

You pay more for any single game at retail.......

It's not the price. I like the price. It's the feeling like I'm paying for the same thing twice, that the addition of those games would have increased the price of the package, instead of the reality, which is valve actually did put those in for free. I admit it's not that logical, because that means I thought more negatively about the current pricing scheme than if HL2 *wasn't* included. Anyway I bought the package anyway almost immediately after my earlier post, this thread rehyped me so much. Whatever.

Well, I'd like to try and re-hype you here, but I'm afraid I can't. Super Paper Mario was a great game. I tore through it when I got it. Beat it right quick and haven't really looked at it since. The problem is that since Super Paper Mario came out, Mario Strikers and Metroid Prime 3 both have as well.

I really dug SPM, but I doubt that my endorsement will be enough to make you hyped. In all honesty, it's not a must have. It's a very solid and well made game that's a joy to play through, and if you have a clear schedule with not a lot of other games that you want to play first to look at, pick it up. Not worth putting anything else off for, though.

Oh seriously, please don't bring that "OMG is Orange Box worth $45, no wai!!" bullshit over here too. This place might be a backwater in terms of activity, but that's no reason to turn it into a backwater in terms of floating piles of faeces and toxic froth. Buy it, or don't buy it, just please spare me the whining at ONE games site today.

I actually never played Half-Life 2, so Orange Box is extraordinary value for money for me. 5 new games for probably around 50 Euros; all of them red hot.

:tup: