Roderick

Recalled: Consolevania Towers ep.3

The new episode of Consolevania is disturbing on many, many levels. I can't even begin to explain.

More disturbing than consolevania/videogaiden usually is? Damn, that's saying something. Guess I'll pass for now. :eek:

Dig into the comments underneath the post to find a link to some bootleg copy somebody managed to unearth before Ziggy pulled it.

I didn't get it at all : I found it weird, but not in an interesting or funny way. To me, it felt forced so I gave up during the sub-level boss thing... I enjoyed the reviews of Bioshock and Space Giraffe though.

I loved it. It's such an amazing, creepy, Phil Collins-infested piece using random bits of Consolevania and just making them... intruigingly terrifying. Oh god especially the bit with Sammy and err... the ending.

:tup:

(It is greatly preferable to the Scottish gaming industry fluff piece, which I found quite boring and useless.)

Has the Internet been brainwashed?! I downloaded the above torrent and just got 27 minutes of black screen with "25677-3 RECALLED" stamped down the side of it... :frusty:

Edit: Nevermind. I think my video playback software just stuck for some reason.

Robbo, the guy who looks after the Consolevania torrent files, has a direct download of the recalled episode. I was getting a meg a second just now on it (mirroring torrent via our "always on" office network, heh).

Following a disciplinary hearing, Rab and Ryan have been suspended from The Sponsors’ show with immediate effect. Replacement hosts will be in place for the next episode.

Lol! I can't wait to see this! :tup:

There's no Bioshock spoilers is there? I'm about halfway through the game at the moment, so I don't need a review to tell me whether to buy it/play it or not - especially if it's gonna talk about anything that I've not seen yet.

I'm new to Consolevania (the guys are obviously nuts), but they seem like they actually care about the games they play, so I'm guessing despite their "off-the-wallness" that they're respectful to the games they like?

No, no spoilers. The review pretty much assumes that you know about Bioshock already.

Some of that was total ass and makes me glad I was doing something else while keeping an eye on it.

However, the Molyneux bit, the Robert Lefever interview, and the Wii Fit... thing, were great.

Besides the fucked up Wii Fit footage, which was great in a way, I liked the Railfan and Grim Grimoire review-thingies.

Hahah the Railfan review/sketch was great. What movie was that, Highlander 2?

Also I laughed all the way through the Molyneaux remix.

I wonder if the publicity attached to this episode being "banned" will make it even more downloaded? What's interesting is that the links to the Pirate Bay torrent are now broken (Pirate Bay says it's been removed). Weird! Who asked them to remove it?

1. This is fucked up. Maybe they were genuinely not sure about it? It's also oddly compelling in places, though!

2. Space Giraffe is a remake of TEMPEST, not DEFENDER, which is a totally different game. Bit of a big mistake?

Edit: Just finished watching it and it totally cracked me up. Brilliant!

The recalled thing is a completely obvious joke. I'm wondering why they just didn't put the links on their website, even after posting the "Recalled" notice. I liked the episode, nice seeing something a bit different this time. The Molyneux bit is brilliant.

The recalled thing is a completely obvious joke. I'm wondering why they just didn't put the links on their website, even after posting the "Recalled" notice.

Yep. It's a bit weird. I can't help but wonder if they went:

#1 "What the fuck have we created? is this too far, even for us? Jesus!"

#2 "Shall we change it?"

#1 "It's finished now, why don't we just pretend it was 'cancelled' by our sponsor"?

#2 "Brilliant! That way people will see it, but only if they really want to and it ties in nicely with this season's 'story'."

#1 "Yeah, and no-one can complain it's too weird as it's not a 'proper' episode!"

That was great! Although, people at the bus stop probably think I'm crazy now, because of this.