Sign in to follow this  
DanJW

Relax, the future is nearly here

:hmph: I live in Davis and I've never seen this flying car*!

*This is in no way refuting the existence of said car...

,,You'd do it with a bunch of guys just to get a car?"
...what? :shifty:
Wait, was that a Falco joke?

I think that's some sort of Clerks reference that cropped up between the first and second films.

Flying takes a shitload more energy than traveling on ground. The trend is towards vehicles that consume less. Bound to fail, and that's presuming it even works. If it flies 10ft off the ground, wouldn't you hit traffic lights?

You can only fly 10ft off the ground because you need a pilots license to fly any higher. The most energy is expended getting up. Once an aircraft reaches cruising altitude it will normally slow down to a cruising speed, using less fuel and energy.

Anywho it looks cool but I think if people started flying cars we'd probably have more accidents and stuff in the skies.

I don't think cruising speed applies to hovercraft, which is what this basically is. There's no wing.

Flying takes a shitload more energy than traveling on ground. The trend is towards vehicles that consume less. Bound to fail

Aww, piss on my chips why don't you?

If it flies 10ft off the ground, wouldn't you hit traffic lights?

I do wonder how long it will take for someone to fuck up and carve a furrow into the side of a building with one. I think flying cars would be disastrous without computer control, and that saucer is going to be an expensive toy for people to go and play with in the desert.

,,You'd do it with a bunch of guys just to get a car?"

That's from the Clerks short, isn't it ?

I'm not quite sure why people would bother with developing a flying car. Really they should invent a teleportation device! That way we would never have any traffic and we'd cut commuting times to 0!

Anywho that's my whole view on this madness of man...

Are you insane? Teleportation devices? Have you read the theories behind that? It basically amounts to being utterly destroyed and having a copy take your place (unless we're talking some kind of wormhole, obviously).

Man, when I think of all the Kirks that died, it makes me shudder.

Dan, I'd like you to be destroyed and replaced with a version that can spell 'people' correctly in his signature.

Dan, I'd like you to be destroyed and replaced with a version that can spell 'people' correctly in his signature.

I'd correct it, but it kind of suits the reference to Real Ultimate Power.

I agree.

As for teleportation; I don't think it matters. Yes you're being destroyed, but the clone is perfectly safe (unless something goes wrong), and doesn't remember dying. As far as existence is concerned, there's still the same amount of energy lumped together to form a certain individual.