Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Amusing News Stories

I don't know if any of you read Reuters Oddly Enough but there has been some really great stories on it recently, and I thought I'd share them with you guys.

Judge Suspected of Masturbating in Court

Muslims Flock to See Messiah After Web Hoax

Mobiles Phones May Damage Sperm?

Suspected German Rapist, 81, Fights Potency Check

German 'Samurai' on the Loose in Woods Near Berlin

Boy Writes Apology in Blood for Dozing in Class

Crooks in Pick-Your-Own Strawberry Heist

Also, Terry Jones wrote an extremely funny satire for The Guardian about the prision scandal. It's a must read.

Does anyone else have any funny news stories to share?

Whoops! I almost forgot one on Colin Farrell. I read the following over at IMDb a couple of days ago:

Irish heart-throb Colin Farrell's first full frontal movie scene has been cut by worried film bosses - after test audiences were transfixed by the size of his manhood. The Phone Booth hunk disrobed for scenes in upcoming drama A Home at the End of the World, but after seeing the stunned reaction of viewers at a recent screening, chiefs decided to chop the naughty images. And the news has been greeted with fury by self-confessed Romeo Farrell, who has demanded the scenes must be included in the DVD release of the film. A source tells British newspaper the Sun, "All you could hear were gasps when Colin appeared in his full frontal pose. The women were over-excited and the men looked really uncomfortable. It was such a sight it made it difficult to concentrate on the plot, so the decision was made to get rid of it." Even director Michael Mayer admits, "It was distracting." In the film, Farrell plays a bisexual man caught in a love triangle.

The judge thing is really big here right now (I live in Oklahoma and work in county government). Funny stuff. Don't know if it's true or not because it's not close enough for me to know people with direct contacts to him.

Woah, wait, you're an Okie? Man, that is worse than being a Texan....

No, being a texan would be considerably worse. Just trust me on this one.

If you've ever heard that song "Okie from Muskogee," Muskogee, Oklahoma is nothing like that at all, for one, my hair is long and shaggy.

Terry Jones is ace.

Did he cover "Okie from Muskogee?" I google his name, and that's the only connection I can find between him and my post. Merle Haggard wrote the song (it's really sarcastic but not many people realized that at the time).

Did he cover "Okie from Muskogee?" I google his name, and that's the only connection I can find between him and my post. Merle Haggard wrote the song (it's really sarcastic but not many people realized that at the time).

I think he was refering to the article I linked too...