toblix

Hello?

Quiet day indeed. Suspiciously quiet I might say.

I actually replayed Bioshock demo to see if it would make me want to buy the full game this time. Unfortunately, it didn't. Spent the rest of the day fiddling with Inkscape (I recently realized that I'm all about vector graphics).

I've been carrying on from my Oblivion save, by way of sulking.

Completed the Thieves Guild questline, joined the Dark Brotherhood, especially liked the whodunnit mission. Tried to find the "Real Lights" mod from a website that didn't require me to register, but couldn't.

Been playing some Phoenix 3, and Worms Open Warfare 2, which I can safely say is 300% better than the first one, which was crap. This game feels like genuine Worms and is every bit as addictive. And it was even outsourced to the Dutch developer Two Tribes!

I just started Bioshock! It's pretty great! Yay!

I have a feeling I won't get to play it for much longer though, as school starts again this Friday and a friend of mine gets married Saturday. Why would you ever get married when you could play Bioshock instead? Crazy. I still have to get them a gift too...

Dennis P was nice.

I've been programming, and finished Overlord recently. I first need money to buy hardware that can run BioShock.

I did see a collectors edition (the one with a statue) at the local Mediamarkt.

Yeah. I've been busy finishing Bioshock AND going through a 500 page program guide and schedule to decide what movies I want to see for the Toronto Film Festival. This shit's hard work.

But oh so worth it.

Oh, and Bioshock. Final Impressions: :tup: :tup:

Short and sweet ending. A bunch of small things bug me with the storyline (some parts were obvious) and some minor issues with gameplay, including some weird bugs I encountered, but yeah... definitely best SHOOTER of the year.

A bunch of small things bug me with the storyline (some parts were obvious) and some minor issues with gameplay, including some weird bugs I encountered, but yeah... definitely best SHOOTER of the year.

Do you mean that the story itself was too predictable or that the flaws would be obvious once someone played through the game?

Preparing myself for the Calgary International Film Festival (must be great to be a filmgoer n0wak, but the projection side of festivals is something that I dread year-round) and working two jobs. Also, the recent addition of a girl to the mix has left me a bit less time for gaming. She's out of town this weekend though, so I'll take that as my chance to get into Bioshock. Got my collector's edition all prepped up and have played about 2 hours in so far. Damn good.

OOOOOoooooohhhh! Miffy's got a girlfriend, Miffy's got a girlfriend!

I got tickets to a sold out festival! and have been spending the week buying wellies and ground sheets and the like. turns out the tent i remember from my childhood is a ten man bastard so there has been a bit of practice scout-type activity too.

Preparing myself for the Calgary International Film Festival (must be great to be a filmgoer n0wak, but the projection side of festivals is something that I dread year-round)

I can imagine that it would be. Also, I just found out that a friend-(ish)'s film has been picked up for the Calgary Film Festival: "Rock Paper Scissors". :tup: :tup:

Do you mean that the story itself was too predictable or that the flaws would be obvious once someone played through the game?

I thought it was fairly obvious from the start that Atlas wasn't who he seemed to be and the final battle was, eh, kinda predictable.

Of course, all the other little revelations about who your character is were great and very well done and subtle. Lot of subtlety to the story. I like that the reward for exploring Bioshock is, beyond extra plasmids and ammo, a greater picture of what happened to Rapture. Even WHY the plane went down and how is explained though in a very, very brief and sly manner.