Sign in to follow this  
Salka

The best song ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1tYkECCmwU

I know plenty of grown men who would like to give that little girl a "messy recipe". And I don't even know what I mean by that.

I've been listening to it on loop all morning.

Apparently it turns grown men into paedophiles just by watching it.

Lazy Town is old news. It's still must-watch daytime TV though.

Nick - she's legal? holy crap. Also wow. Thanks for saving my soul Nick (lets gloss over the fact that she was only 13 when the show was made).

Sporticus (or the guy that plays him, whatever) has received several awards for making a genuinely funny show aimed at kids which also happens to promote exercise and healthy eating.

Check out the pirate episode, its awesome.

Hey wait, this is from that Sporticus show? I saw that a few times. That had a fun, over-the-top bad guy that reminded me of Bruce Campbell.

Could've been the huge prosthetic chin, of course.

The pirate song is excellent ironically right up until pinkgirl starts singing and it all takes a nasty turn towards the dancy.

The captain and his beard are 100% believable though.

Jeez... I remember when this phenomenon was constricted to just Iceland.

I'm with you. Hell, a couple weeks ago I was introduced to a girl who I knew was legal, but looked about 14. Looked like if you gave her a few years to grow up she could be damn hot, but that night when she tried to hit on me I just felt relieved that I wasn't attracted to her. I don't know if I'dve been able to reconcile that with my "not a paed" mindset. Legality doesn't really make it less creepy when they look as underage as that.

OK, this is starting to look a bit like peadophobia; as in, homophobia. We're afraid to appreciate the attractive qualities of teenage girls now? Now you can easily get me wrong, but I know you're all smart enough to know what I mean. Just recently I watched The Science of Sleep and I thought the lead character was enigmatic, charming and attractive, but that doesn't mean I'm gay (of course, saying so to my friends caused the obvious witticisms). In that same vein, that pink-haired girl is also cute and attractive. Doesn't mean I'm a pead. I am secure in that and I don't feel the need to push myself to the polar opposite of 'yuck! a little girl!'.

I met my boss in a cafe a few weeks ago, and two incredibly-hot-and-maybe-16-but-probably-only-just-no-probably-a-bit-under-so-no-don't-you'll-go-to-special-hell girls decided to perch on tall stools behind him. He had one just over each shoulder for the whole meeting.

So it's not that I can't appreciate the qualities of teenage girls, or that I feel guilty about my biology (hahaha :)), but there's just a fairly intangible threshold, and that girl with pink hair is below it for me.

She's just as annoying as most of the kid show hosts, that's all I can find to say.

Exactly. It's not that I have a problem with saying "That's a rather attractive young girl. She'll probably grow up to be damn hot." That's perfectly fine. I can say that in the same way that I can say "Wow, that guy is pretty nice looking." My problem with both the girl that I met a few weeks back and the girl in that video is that they're at that line. I can see that they'll probably be very attractive in a few years when they cross that intangible threshold Nachimir was talking about, but for now they just look like they have a lot of potential but haven't had enough time to reach it.

...and yeah, kid show hosts are as annoying as all hell. There's that part too.

Each one of you watched that video and imagined having sex with the little pink haired girl.

:innocent:

So did you.

Or with you it might have been the puppets. All at once. You dirty girl.

And with regards to annoying child presenters - yes, although in fact I find almost all teenagers annoying anyway. This is why I could never be a teacher, which is a shame as I would make an excellent teacher.

I would actually like to be a teacher, and am studying to do so. I'm hoping to get a gig teaching third or fourth grade, riiiight before they become bastards.

And with regards to annoying child presenters - yes, although in fact I find almost all teenagers annoying anyway. This is why I could never be a teacher, which is a shame as I would make an excellent teacher.

teach adults then

For part of my Music BTEC me and this other guy had to teach the AS students. It was surprisingly fun and quite amazing how much they listen to when they're not forced to be there

Edit: AS students are typically 16-17 years old for non-British people

I used to teach karate to university students. That was great, and something I'd like to do again if I ever get my black belt.

Were you one of those karate teachers that beat the crap out of their weakest student just to prove a point ?