elmuerte

Zero Punctuation

But, as someone who hasn't upgraded to whatever next-gen we're up to now, I have no idea what the closing slideshow is all about. Anyone care to explain?

The love between a Heavy and a Medic knows no bounds. It is truly... uber.

post-223-13375603025491_thumb.png

No, it's just become mainstream and you know... part of our weekly routine. No need to comment on every single one ^_^

Though the Drake's Fortune one was very funny!

Glad he hated it. :tup:

Gash and I tooled around the demo for about an hour last year and came away finding it insipidly dull, once you'd tried one of each race or challenge type.

Turok. Although what it is actually about is the problems with almost all console shooters, a gripe close to my own heart (or wherever gripe comes from. The spleen?)

Ron Perlman played the main character in Chronomaster. That was one of the worst games I've ever played. The weirdest thing is that some people love it.

It's hard not to have a game with voice acting that doesn't have Ron Perlman in it. Off the top of my head he did voices in Justice League Heroes, Hunter the Reckoning: Redeemer and Halo 3.

Him and Keith David just have great voices for those gruff, brooding types and are cheap enough not blow the whole budget up the wazoo...

I've been wanting to get Zak and Wiki for a while now, but I just haven't gotten up the courage to actually buy a level-based puzzle game. My fear is to buy it and run through it in like half an hour. Is there anyone who has the game and can attest to it's longevity?

I got through the first few levels, and have no desire to go back to it. It's an incredibly frustrating game. For a game that's supposed to showcase the unique things you can do with the wii-mote, it really is astounding just how poorly the controls are tuned. It's fucking impossible. :( I don't think I've ever been so furious with the Wii as I was while I was attempting to fish in Zak and Wiki. After at least a half hour of pure frustration, I finally discovered that my problem was that I was following the game's instructions. All I had to do was not move the wii-mote like the moron wanking at the top of the screen supposedly showing me how it's done. Which, as it happens, is another incredibly irritating thing about the game. You're forced to watch that stupid man every time you use the wii-mote, and it's even made worse because he's not only intrusively annoying but he doesn't even tell you how to play the game correctly.

Also, you die a lot and reloading the levels after death takes way too long. :tdown:

Agreed. The game definitely has a lot of potential, and the first 7 or 8 levels certainly show this. They're great fun, have loads of personality, and can be quite amusing and rewarding. Unfortunately, you then hit a wall of death. There's one puzzle, for example, which requires you to fill a giant cup up with water. Your water source is on one end of a bridge and the cup is on the other. Now, it's frustrating enough figuring out how to transport enough water, but to add to this, if you try to cross the bridge more than twice it will collapse, sending you to your death. Also, the goblet you have which would logically be the way to transport liquid does not work. Instead, find yourself/turn an enemy into a hard hat, flip it upside down with the wiimote, and scoop up water in it. What the hell? If you can't intuit all this right away, death. Death. DEATH. FUCKING DEATH. I got through this puzzle, but didn't bother playing any more after it.

In short, the game is fun until it decides to fling you against a wall of unintuitive frustrating puzzles and constant death. If you still want to try it, rest assured that unless you have the most bizzare intuitions of any person on the fucking planet, you'll have your work cut out for you and won't be able to finish the game all that quickly.

Without the unexpected deaths or the occasional poorly implemented waggle Zack & Wiki would be an amazing adventure game. It would probably have been one of the better adventures in recent years. And that makes me super sad.