elmuerte

Zero Punctuation

Here it is, another storm of conflict around your posts. I initiated it this time, but if you can't see that you tend to be the common factor, there's nothing more to be said. You're not listening.

Can I just tell YOU (since you have no problems with criticising my posts) that I generally ignore your posts because I find them unnecessarily glib and inflammatory. I'm not just saying that because I feel defensive (which I do), it's something I genuinely felt it before you posted in this thread.

It's been mutual. I'm not going to waste any more time on this.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than most of his latest videos. The fact that he is so passionate about Silent Hill made it more meaningful, in my opinion.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than most of his latest videos. The fact that he is so passionate about Silent Hill made it more meaningful, in my opinion.

Yeah, it kind of shows when he doesn't care much in some videos. Like he'd rather have reviewed something else, but the deadline was coming up and he was halfway through some game.

Here it is, another storm of conflict around your posts. I initiated it this time, but if you can't see that you tend to be the common factor, there's nothing more to be said. You're not listening.

Unless I've personally grieved you, I suggest you keep your generalised personal attacks to yourself. What did you expect to happen when you attack someone's personality? "Oh, thanks for that. I really appreciate your insight"?

Idiot.

Please give me an example or a recent "storm of conflict" that involved me, or be quiet.

you took my response as some personal slight. n those instances, circumstances like that are just best walked away from.

Wish I'd been able to spot it here as well...

Let me get this straight... You wished you'd known in advance that telling someone to "get their head out of their arse" and "stop making lame witticisms" would be taken as a personal slant?

Jesus Christ. Get some help, man.

Let me get this straight... You wished you'd known in advance that telling someone to "get their head out of their arse" and "stop making lame witticisms" would be taken as a personal slant?

Jesus Christ. Get some help, man.

I think you need the help, quoting out of context to suit your own needs. Yet again, what you've quoted here had nothing to do with this conversation, yet you've casually altered the meaning to play the "hard done-by" card some more.

You simply aren't reading what's written, or you have a serious cognitive-disassociation problem.

Edit: I misinterpreted your comment Wrestle. Of course I didn't "quote out of context to suit my own needs". Don't be a twat. It was a simple misunderstanding of what you wrote.

In reference to your comments about Zero Tolerance:

I certainly didn't take your comments as a personal slant and even added a smiley to show I was joking. That's when you lost your head and became a prick, taking my overtly jokey comment as a personal slant. Which is what you apparently want to accuse me of.

Projecting a little, WV?

What you quoted above referred to the Rockstar post, not the post in this thread.

It seems he wishes he'd been able to spot that this thread should have been walked away from.

Correct me if I am wrong Wrestle.

That's what you are missing.... context.

Yeah, it kind of shows when he doesn't care much in some videos. Like he'd rather have reviewed something else, but the deadline was coming up and he was halfway through some game.

I agree.

I would actually like to see him talk about older games from now on, at least for a while. For instance, those that he has some sort of love-hate relationship with or those that he likes (or hates) for peculiar reasons alone.

That way it would be pretty much guaranteed that he would actually have something interesting to say; for example, have an interesting angle to view the game from that others perhaps haven't realized. The previous review (about Super Mario Galaxy) felt especially dull, even Yahtzee himself sounded tired, as Dan already mentioned. The only good point, in my opinion, was that about the relationship between Mario and Bowser, but he didn't go very far with that one.

I'm not sure if he can even decide what to review or talk about, but in any case, I hope it won't be the latest games all the time. Especially because of the dry season that is imminent.

What you quoted above referred to the Rockstar post, not the post in this thread.

It seems he wishes he'd been able to spot that this thread should have been walked away from.

Correct me if I am wrong Wrestle.

That's what you are missing.... context.

Edit: Urg. Misread again. You were absolutely correct, eljay, my bad. I realised what WV meant, but I thought you'd missed it too. Not true.

snip: [Nope, you've missed it. He actually meant (and...] :snip

I realise this too, myself now - so I was wrong in what I said, although it certainly wasn't deliberate or an evil attempt to distort anything.

His implication being that I'd obviously taken some personal slant when I responded that there was some surface irony.

To quote Wrestlevania:

"And the reason I didn't reply about fucking Table Tennis was because, through some utterly bizarre logic, you took my response as some personal slight. n those instances, circumstances like that are just best walked away from.

Wish I'd been able to spot it here as well.."

In both instances he was wrong. Why on earth should I take either comment as a personal slant, I don't understand. (Of course, I didn't, the idea is ridiculous.) Why WV didn't just PM me and explain that it wasn't a personal slant (if that's what he really believed), I don't know either.

If either Wrestlevania or Nachmir seriously wanted to change my views or attitude, why did they decide to go about it using hostile comments in a public forum? Isn't that likely to stir up the exact opposite of the desired reaction? Try stopping someoen the street and saying: "On a more serious note; pull your head out your arse. You've contributed to good discussion on here before, so stop fucking about with the lame witticisms of late and get back to it." and seeing what kind of reaction you'd get.

Try saying it to a friend, colleague or family member. What reaction are you likely to get?

It's very unlikely to be, "gee, you're so right. I feel so foolish now, thanks for pointing that out."

Why not PM me and say, "chill out dude, there's no need to be taking things so seriously" or "I think you need to calm down a bit, he didn't mean it the way you took it"?

So either Wrestlevania and Nachmir completely mis-judged their "serious" (their word) attempts to change my attitude, or they just felt like venting at me (or maybe Wrestlevania felt picked on, I don't know).

Either way, it's the WRONG WAY to go about stuff, and quite frankly I see no reason to taper my response to either of them.

This, after all, was my offending comment (brace yourself, it's a bit strong, I don't know what I was thinking when I posted it):

I haven't seen it, so I'll take your word for it... but you can't ignore the surface irony :)

right now you seem driven by antagonism, superiority and conflict.
I'm not going to waste any more time on this.

That is all. You cannot bait me.

The previous review (about Super Mario Galaxy) [...]

Just watched this one, and it made me remember one thing that kept bugging me : I thoroughly enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine except for the incredibly difficult platforming parts ... what is wrong with me ? Or rather, what is it that everybody think is so bad in SMS ?

For what little it's worth, eljay was 100% on the money. :hmph:

I'm not the thought police, I'm just incensed by the apparent inflexibility of ThunderPeel's thinking that it might just be possible to take a typically casual source as actually being genuinely credible and insightful for once. Credit where it's due, nothing more.

I'm not interested in wasting any more bile or other people's bandwidth* on trying to make my position any clearer.

* Magnanimous, aren't I?

Just watched this one, and it made me remember one thing that kept bugging me : I thoroughly enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine except for the incredibly difficult platforming parts ... what is wrong with me ? Or rather, what is it that everybody think is so bad in SMS ?

Nothing I don't think. I can understand the thinking with regards to SMS being panned because it wasn't traditional and, arguably, relied on a gimmick. But it was a sumptuous and brilliant game to play. It didn't draw me in quite like the others, but it was still a great Mario adventure.

CALM DOWN EVERYONE STOP PANICKING

oh you already did

Well... in that case... Beware! Do not panic again.

I'm not the thought police, I'm just incensed by the apparent inflexibility of ThunderPeel's thinking that it might just be possible to take a typically casual source as actually being genuinely credible and insightful for once. Credit where it's due, nothing more.
C'mon, Wrestle: IT WAS A JOKE! As was painfully fucking apparent. You're not the thought police, but you are grumpy, reactionary git sometimes :mock:
* Magnanimous, aren't I?
You're also bloody preachy when you're pissed off!

Can we be friends now?

Well, it didn't make me laugh but I still enjoyed it. He didn't really add anything new to my understanding of Crysis and I think that's probably why it wasn't hugely funny. Maybe if he was reviewing obscure crap (much like the ConsoleVania guys used to do in season 1) and making insightful commentary about that, he'd be able to levarage more laughs from me.

Then again, I'm not really watching for the laughs anymore, but because I'm sort of invested in the series now and want to see how he can creatively spin the next payload of invective.

It's certainly quite cookie-cutter usually; that's mostly what we've talked about on here before now.

It'd be nice to think he could just keep going and going, but I'm sure his contract with The Escapist will be very reasonable.

He probably had fun putting the artwork together for this one at any rate. :shifty:

Actually that's something that boggles my mind: It must take a fair amount of effort to animate all that stuff. It must be tempting just to write a review and record it and then not bother about the animations, but I respect him for taking the effort to do them every time.