elmuerte

Zero Punctuation

Holy crap, me too! Several dusty old braincells just popped like a zit upon visiting that page. Wow, Spider Man. I remember thinking the spiderweb shooting ability was really cool back then.

Several dusty old braincells just popped like a zit

Thankyou for that incredible mental image.

The new ones aren't as good as the ones that he did before he sold out. SELL OUT. I'M OFF TO FIND NEWER COOLER MORE INDEPENDENT VIDEO GAME RANT VIDEOS.

maybe it's because he had only a week to do these instead of a lot of time

A new review is up: it's Bioshock this week. All very funny and interesting as usual, but since I haven't played Bioshock yet, I'll say no more.

The last word made me lol.

I feel pretty much the same way he does about the Tomb Raider series regarding controls.

this is weird...

For some odd reason I can't really seem to disagree on any of this reviews.

The bit that made me laugh the most was the Australian flag desperately running after the UK/US van shouting "Wait for meeeeee!" It's funny because it's true.

The Oscar Wilde bit had me in stitches :tup:

The little disclaimer in the credits regarding that was good too:

Also Oscar Wilde never used the phrase 'unreasonable dicks', that was entirely made up for comic effect although he did once describe a friend as a 'blinkering cockslot'

In my opinion, this episode was much worse than the previous ones. I may give him another chance, though.

No drop in quality if you ask me, but then I love anything that looks at the Independent Gaming scene by poking holes in slovenly behemoths like PopCap.

I think it wasn't as laugh-out-loud as previous entries, but keeping the quality consistent must be incredibly difficult. Spot on as usual if you ask me though.

Brilliant once again. Is it just me or is he sounding more and more like Charlie Brooker every week?

Yeah, this entry in particular. Does anyone remember Brooker's tech support phone ins for PC Zone magazine? :D

Heh was quite funny. Agreed though. I guess it is difficult to keep up the quality especially when he only has a week to write and perform them.

New one out about Halo 3: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2304-Zero-Punctuation-Halo-3

He takes reviewers to school for grading Halo 3 mainly on the multiplayer while glossing over the single player's flaws, and then immediately proceeds to tear the single player to shreds (well, calling it average) while glossing over the multiplayer. So he rightfully criticizes reviewers for only representing half the game in their scores, then immediately reviews...half the game. His individual points are valid, but that's an interesting hypocrisy. I wonder, though, if the single player and the multiplayer are that different in quality, should gaming reviewers give them different scores?