elmuerte

Zero Punctuation

Did Escapist abandon its magazine-like format and go for your more typical website format? From a quick look I can't find anything resembling the old Escapist.

Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. Just wondering. :fart:

Yes.

It's both good and bad. I did enjoy the old Escapist, but the move makes sense. I miss the great background art they used to have. Also, the website hasn't been tuned to perfection yet.

I find it really difficult now to pick articles from the "current issue" outfrom the old ones, on The Escapist. The landscape thing was silly, but I wish they still had a better way to differentiate each months features.

I don't really like the new format. It's too standard. It looks just like any other site, except that the articles are usually a bit better and more interesting.

The first video was mildly amusing until the RE5 bit.

Where it became brilliant :)

Did Escapist abandon its magazine-like format and go for your more typical website format? From a quick look I can't find anything resembling the old Escapist.

Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing. Just wondering. :fart:

Yeah. I think I prefer it. I did like some of the images they used to put with articles, but trying to mimic a magazine format on the web has always seemed a bit "meh" IMO.

The video and animations were hilarious, but jeez, he needs to take a breath every now and then.

Hehe, brilliant idea, though I can't say it's too comfy with my obsessive grammar correcting habits. If we're lucky it may just convince some of the grammar ignorant internet denizens to get their act together by showing them the painfulness of their own speach. Not too likely though.

Speach? Also, in your other post, it's supposed to be spelled 'hilarious'.

I'm not a dick, really.

And I don't see how the movies are in any way about painful speech? They're very nicely done and I didn't notice any errors. The onslaught of words is an intentional thing; a hook if you will. Also, he has probably edited out the pauzes between sentences and parts were he flipped up. Doesn't matter of course. Just goes to show that this show is completely deliberate, not some Youtube rant by an illiterate clown.

Oh man, I was actually hoping Zero Punctuation was the name of a game. And then someday they could do a remake of the original called Zero Punctuation Zero. But I'll check those links now.

Good one, and surprisingly fair! Good quips, also. And I stopped just short of hurting myself with the pencil.

Surprisingly fair? This guy is responsible for pretty much every actually funny amateur adventure game. He probably has a Schafer shrine in his closet.

Surprisingly fair? [...]He probably has a Schafer shrine in his closet.

I think that is why Rodi said it was surprisingly fair.

Yes, I mean, Psychonauts obviously didn't have the most polished gameplay ever, and Yahtzee just said it like it was, and that it didn't matter because charm and atmosphere usually trumps everything (barring extremely mediocre or apalling gameplay of course).

Brilliant reviews - I can't wait for the next one he does. That Darkness one made me laugh when he said "Personally, at this point, I'd only consider buying the full version of The Darkness it if it came down to budget price. And they threw in another, BETTER game. And some cake. And Belgium."

I also found this. The enemies he has to face alone are making me laugh.

Yes, the Schrodinger's console quip made me feel Smart :tup:

So, I already shudder for the next review about Bioshock, because I wouldn't want to view it before playing it myself...

Oh, I remember playing that Spiderman game as a kid. Such a shitty game. Back then it was sometimes hard to realize that the game feels impossible to play not because you're not good enough, but because it's just a terrible game.