toblix

Double Fine

I'd like to feel anything toward a game's title but I guess I've finally become totally jaded as I don't really see anymore how I can get offended over this : a name - like a cover - will sell a game or prevent it to be sold, and that's what is important... and most of time what grants commercial success goes against my preferences. So if Psychonauts had reached a wider public thanks to a more generic name and a more 'mainstream appealling' cover, I think my offended taste would have meant shit.

I don't deny that the name of certain movies/games raise interest me more than other but that only lasts the time it remains a mystery ... once the game is played, the inner qualities (or lack of qualitiy) of the name fade behind what the game is : Blood Money sounds great to me and yet, I know deep inside that it isn't anything special

Blood Money sounds great to me and yet, I know deep inside that it isn't anything special

Ah, but it is!

Iksenpets posted that on Double Fine Action Forums.

Seems to be the real deal, since other people have confirmed it too. For example: "The front cover of the mag is for Brutal Legend - brought to you by the same guy who did Psychonauts and Grim Fandango, featuring Jack Black" @ Mass Effect forums.

Wow, after those heavy denials of Schafer's on the Action News blog I was absolutely sure the rumours were false.

Quite a surprise. Touché, Double Fine.

(Oh, and the artwork looks awesome)

(I'm still readying myself for this being yet another false alarm)

Didn't Timmy publicly ridicule the very notion of this game? Oh, the bastard. Anyway, I thought the game sounded awesome when I posted the forbidden blurb about it earlier. What was it about, supposedly, and what kind of game was it?

Does anyone else feel a slight Full Throttleish thing going on there?

Also does it spell "Monkey" on that girls t-shirt. :inspector_smiley:

I'm speechless. :deranged: They're obviously trying to do the "dark" thing now after they thought P-nauts flopped because it's cutesy.

Interesting note of the day: that American Idol (??) fellow isn't known outside USA.

Jack Black? He is more of a musician and an actor than an American Idol fellow. :)

He is not-that-well-but-still-pretty known outside USA too.

Jack Black is a comedian above all else. I know all my male friends would recognize the name.

The double-fine forum had (what sounded like) an article synopsis that stated the game was an FPS, lampooning recent trends in the genre...space marines etc.

I'm afraid ;(

It actually makes sense. They did their take on platforming; I thinks it'd be quite exciting to see how they'll manage to incorporate their signature adventure feeling into an FPS. What's not to like about a storydriven FPS with visuals like that and an awesome story; and probably pretty interesting gameplay?

Whatever comes up, I'm game. As far as I'm concerned, Double Fine has a carte blanche and I'll take anything that appears on my plate.

Jack Black? He is more of a musician and an actor than an American Idol fellow. :)

He is not-that-well-but-still-pretty known outside USA too.

Tenacious D are extremely well known in New Zealand (I think 'Tribute' may have even topped the charts), plus Jack Black is known for his roles in Rock School, King Kong & the Ten-D movie.

The double-fine forum had (what sounded like) an article synopsis that stated the game was an FPS, lampooning recent trends in the genre...space marines etc.

I'm afraid ;(

You know when you’re half asleep and cant get fully asleep for thinking about things? Well I started thinking about the new DF game and i’m convinced I’ve cracked it.

Called ‘Brutal Legend’, It will be another FPS in the same way that Psychonauts was just a platform game- you’ll spend a fair amount of time running around shooting stuff, but with all the humour, characterisation and adventuring of Psychonauts.

Not an article summary, but the deranged speculation of a DF forumgoer.

I'm skeptical, but still excited, only because Tim Schafer's behind it. I wonder if he's trying to piggyback off of the success of Guitar Hero and Metalocalypse, or if this idea occured earlier.

Jack Black isn't known outside the US? You some kind of crazy man, man?

Hopefully someone will someday actually read the article...

Listen, I remember someone somwewhere posted something about american idol that had something to do with DF and Psychonauts!! :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

And if Jack Black is a "male" thing, that explains a lot. :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: