Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Inafune spotted in NYC (plus shopping!)

I thought this was pretty cool. Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man and a whole lot of other games you've probably played, was in NYC to celebrate 20 years of Mega Man(and 20 billion Mega Man games). You could bring assorted stuff for him to sign - one story in particular I saw on Kotaku was just awesome, I thought:

...I gave him Ducktales NES to sign, and he freaked out with glee and shook my hand after signing...

The event was total win

I had no idea he worked on Ducktales, but it's so cool to see that the guy got such a positive response from it. Ducktales was (and IS!) one of my favourite games which I treasured for the Game Boy (I never had a NES). Absolute fun all the way.

In other, non-signing related news - I was wondering if anyone could help me purchase the Dragon (green) version of Mega Man Star Force for the DS? I was just going to import it myself, but of course, it's turned out to be the only version that is exclusive to GameStop, making it nearly impossible for me to purchase (getting it direct from GameStop online means that I have to pay the price of the game and then the same price again in shipping, which is ludicrously overblown).

I can pay in REAL HUMAN DOLLARS (ie, US monies), or if you like, I've got some US NTSC GameCube games that I don't want any more (specifically, Mario Golf, Star Fox Adventures, and Mega Man Network Transmission). I apologize for using this thread to whore out a request, but I don't know how else I can get the bloody thing. But I figured it would be better to do it with some interesting information too.

Another title that he worked on, that came to mind just now, is Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers which I think is the first co-op game I ever played. It's one of my favorite NES titles, at the very least. He was just a character designer on it though, but he's still great!