ysbreker

Idle Thumbs Steam community

Based on that, I've gone ahead and ordered. No point mucking about. See how they are for a month, and go from there! :) Cheers. Will post details up when I have them.

EDIT

Server details

Servername: TF2 - Trickery.net - Payload only! 24/7

IP: 85.234.148.2

Port: 27115

Server Stats now up from Game-monitor.com

Summary: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?type=server&search=85.234.148.2:27115

Graphs: http://www.game-monitor.com/tf2_GameServer/85.234.148.2:27115/TF2_-_Trickery.net_-_Goldrush_247-History.html

*bump*

Invite Only?

posted by Jake @ 10:07PM on December 21, 2008

Now that Thumb is back and actually updating regularly in podcast form, does anyone have objections to turning off invite only, so that new readers can actually join this group?

...and, shouldn't this thread be in Multiplayer Networking

Who even controls the Idle Thumbs Steam group? I agree it shouldn't be invite-only.

I think a lot o f us are administrators so a lot of us could probably turn that off. I wanted to see if there was a good reason it was invite only though.

ysbreker is the owner, but other members are able to invite in and accept new members (I believe). When the community features first went up you weren't able to switch back and forth between public/private and private did have some benefits in tracking group statistics.

It's not like you vet users being invited. I mean, I got in.

I've got no problem making it a public group. I only put it on private for the (then available) benefits.

[edit]

And let the rabble enter! I've made the steam group public :tup:

Edited by ysbreker