ysbreker

Idle Thumbs Steam community

lobotomy, you most likely haven't activated your SteamID, by going into Steam Community in your Steam console, and clicking "Activate SteamID".

lobotomy, you most likely haven't activated your SteamID, by going into Steam Community in your Steam console, and clicking "Activate SteamID".

Indeed, although I *thought* that I had done so, apparently it didn't stick. But I'm in now, and activated, and everything. (I hope.)

Hmm I tried to start Steam after a long while to maybe register for this community thing, but something weird happened.

Steam gave an error after it updated: "Platform error: bad module 'friends/friendsUI.dll', not loading."

so i bought opened (and registered, d'oh) orange box on ebay. :frusty: is it worthless? i dont own any other valve software.

i really thought that at worst i wouldnt be able to do multiplayer with an opened copy.

please help a noob.

There might be a way if you get the original owner to remove their ownership of the game from STEAM. If not, then you've been had. Luckily since it was Ebay you have a channel through which to seek recompense. Next time buy STEAM games through STEAM, it really is the best way.

Is this thing *still aliiiive* :shifty: ?

If so, and if you're looking for enthusiastic cannon fodder, my Id is VimesSam

Actually, am currently looking into renting a TF2 server. Has anyone got any recommendations for GSPs?

Yes, these did a pretty good TF2 server for me last year:

http://www.inx-gaming.co.uk/

They're also very knowledgeable, which is always good. Results in some nice web-based administration stuff too.

ah, Cheers Thrik. I've been looknig about and they're one of the ones I've looked at. They are pretty cheap if you get a 'per-slot' solution - but have absolutely no frame of reference as to what is good or bad GSP service. You don't work for them do you? :P

No, it was based on price and ping.

Really, those are the only two things that truly matter. Everything else such as having full configuration control and the ability to upload maps is basically a given nowadays.