ysbreker

Idle Thumbs Steam community

This was going to be a thread about the new steam community from valve.

Were it not for the fact that I can't get it to work here. When I open steam I have to log in again and when I do that nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Help me out here fellow thumbers!

What the fuck? Are we going to spread around everywhere now, like some flesh eating cancer virus? First the... I forget, the site that's a community or whatever... and now this?

(Assuming this thread is about starting another parallel community. If it's just a technical request, try to ignore this post)

I think it's just a badge of honour we can put on our new Steam profiles? Also get in quick: I can't remember a time when I could sign up for something and get the name I want. Normally it's "Are you sure you don't want 'ThePimpest<Username>998121' instead of '<UserName>'?"

Heh, I was thinking of setting up a Facebook group for thumbs, since I was recently sucked into that (fear my graffitti!)

Steam seems to have used my existing ID to sign in to community, which is fine by me. Now that I've set up my profile though, there doesn't seem much else to do.

What do I do with it?

Psychonauts is on Steam, yet Steam Communities does not allow me to choose it as my favorite game. :tdown:

I too have been sucked into facebook. My bastard friend wanted to put up some drunken pictures of me and tag me, but couldn't because I didn't have an account. He then proceeded to sign me up for one. Now I'm always getting notifications from people that I'd rather just ignore. Grah!

...and Spidermonkey, that's never been a problem for me. Something about "miffy495" makes it unappealing to the hardcore crowd, meaning it's always mine to use.

EDIT: holy crap. As I was submitting this, I got an email from facebook about a new message. Damn that thing is cancer.

Heh, I was thinking of setting up a Facebook group for thumbs, since I was recently sucked into that (fear my graffitti!)

Stalked! :grin:

Likewise for you, Miff - although I'm not sure if I've messaged the right PW or not... :shifty:

Well, as I don't have any message waiting, I'd say you picked the wrong one. The PW you're looking for is 19 in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Well, as I don't have any message waiting, I'd say you picked the wrong one.

Correct - although the person was kind enough to write back and explain so.

Cool! I've just accepted your invite.

I too went ahead and created a Thumbs Facebook group. 16 members already! Although worryingly there seem to be one or two members who do not hail from Thumbs. I suspect I may have some cyberstalkers ;(

Right, as reported elsewhere, the whole Community is more than a little buggy right (beta my arse!).

If you try to join any community, and the Steam application gives you weird errors, here's what you need to do:

43582188ol1.png

36749551jn9.png

52674377da4.png

61674325gb2.png

Note that none of this is documented anywhere I could see in the Community website; this is just from me scrabbling around in the dark. :frusty:

Are Dan, Wrestle, realnoyb and me the only ones having steam here? I thought that there would be more steam users here at the idle T :blink:

Where is the steam love people? ;(

I couldn't figure out how to navigate to different groups after I created my Community account, so I gave up after two minutes. I didn't want to say anything because I felt stupid (and lazy), but that's why at least I'm not on there.

I think I have a Steam account... it gets dusted off about once a year. I'll probably have to dig for it, but might show up there this week.

The search function isn't active yet, so it looks like groups are invite-only at the moment. Unless I've missed something too.

I couldn't figure out how to navigate to different groups after I created my Community account, so I gave up after two minutes. I didn't want to say anything because I felt stupid (and lazy), but that's why at least I'm not on there.

What's your steam ID, Oath? I'll send you an invite

Yeah, I'm on there as (surprise) miffy495, but also needed Wrestle's tips to participate in the damn thing. Just got it up and running now though, so I should be good for it.

teehee @ wrestle!

Yeah, I couldn't find any oath on steam either.

Public Service Announcement

In order to preserve this community of grumpy gamers the following people need to activate their steam community ID and send me their steam ID:

- Toblix

- Yufster

- Spaff

- Marek

- Spidermonkey

- Nachimir

- Brkl

- Ryam BaCo

- lobotomy42

- adfegg

- twilo

- Tanukitsune