Sign in to follow this  
JoannaDark

too much game

i have a new flatmate. he brought a few games with him but has bonded with my boyfriend's copy of madden 06. he has no job. for the past 2 months, since he moved in, all he does all day long is play madden. he gets up when i leave the house to play madden. when i come home for lunch he plays madden. when my boyfriend gets home from work he asks him if he wants to play madden with him. the wii gives us daily updates on how many hours he's spent playing madden. its not cos he didn't ever play it before and its novel, cos he had 05. i bought a few new games last week, and out of curiosity generously told him he could start up his own saves, but he hasn't. he still just plays madden. i know everyone gets that over-play headachy guilt feeling once in a while, but someone please tell me i am not wrong in being a bit confused at this behaviour? i tried to say something to him and he basically said that all gamers spend that much time on a game. i thought most gamers had jobs, lives, significant othrs etc?:frusty:

that is all.

Yeah. Of all the things to play religiously... why Madden? At least WoW has zounds of content that you can explore until the end of times. I'm sure Madden plays nice and all, but come on.

It happens to us sometimes. How long has this been going on for? It's possible he's feelign a bit down and doesn't want to go outside right now. Or he could just really, really like Madden. In which case the kindest thing to do would be to introduce him to some better games, or just shoot him.

not sure why it's madden. he's playing red steel right now which makes a change. for 2 months he has been playing around 12 hours a day. more to the point he doesn't seem to see anything wrong with it. i wish i could say i was concerned more but to be honest i have two saves that haven't moved in months cos of him. in conclusion:grrrrrrrrrrrr!ok rant done now!

not sure why it's madden. he's playing red steel right now which makes a change.

PLEASE! Change back to madden right now for his own safety!

PLEASE! Change back to madden right now for his own safety!

Gah. I was so disappointed with Red Steel. The multiplayer was kind of a novelty, but it was so hard to play! And the sword fights? Psh. I though we'd get total control of the sword with the wii-mote.