Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Consolevania Towers

Hehehe the site now has a welcome message from Ziggy Springsteen.

He's not evil.

and the second episode is up too. Ziggy has an awesome segment and the Bonus content is incredible. The reviews ?... a bit meh, this time.

I do believe the second episode was what Rodi was talking about! And it's a classic!

The movie on the site unfortunately doesn't work for me. I've got the latest Flash plugins but apparently I'm still missing something.

The episode was fun, as always. I'll watch it again soon. Wasn't perhaps as good as the first one, but what the hey. I too thought the reviews were a bit dragged out and not as witty. But the atmosphere's still good. Oh and the review of Torrente 3... where do hey get those games?! That was fun.

Hahah good episode. I thought the reviews were OK, just inherently dull games.

Also, I can't believe they did a spoof on Pob!

A long time, though it's not a proper episode & not that much fun.

Doesn't that mostly sum up the latest season though? :tfart:

I'm really sad that things haven't picked up yet, despite the flash of genius that was their Wii Fit interpretation. Not that a pair of nerdy Scotsmen repeatedly squatting on my face, wearing nothing but thong underpants and plastic bags over their heads, is a necessary mechanic for my own personal satisfaction, but you catch my drift (I hope)...

The C episode was quite disappointing. Obviously a spoof on crappy game shows, but at even 15 minutes boring to watch and surpassing its own goal. I hope the next one (which is due in a few days or something) is a return to the good stuff again. I do enjoy the Towers idea, though as always when things go more the way of the overarching story; something of the playful 'anything goes' randomness disappears. It's fun for the variation, of course.

Though I must say I'm more looking forward to the new Gaiden season. I simply adored the style and flavour of season 2, with its slickly designed, scripted bits; such lovely debauchery with a decadent vaudeville atmosphere. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

I must say I'm more looking forward to the new Gaiden season. I simply adored the style and flavour of season 2, with its slickly designed, scripted bits; such lovely debauchery with a decadent vaudeville atmosphere. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Interesting.

I deliberately avoided Gaiden in the past, as the perceived baggage of airing on national television suggested Rab and Ryan's creative juices would be carefully distilled down to the blandly acceptable. Think I'll be hitting up the usual suspect sites for seasons 1 and 2 now though -- thanks for the tip-off, Rodi.

Edit: *ahem*

As far as I'm concerned, creativity works best when it has a canvas set around it. Television's canvas might be of different shape and arguably more of a vice, but even then there is no stopping creativity :tup:

Which is to say; if you're expecting a neutered show, you're in for a surprise =)

As far as I'm concerned, creativity works best when it has a canvas set around it. Television's canvas might be of different shape and arguably more of a vice, but even then there is no stopping creativity :tup:

Which is to say; if you're expecting a neutered show, you're in for a surprise =)

God bless BBC Scotland then.

Season 3 seems to be on hold, unfortunately, but it's for a good cause...

I can live with that. :)

I got around to watching season 1 of Gaiden all in one lunchtime last week and loved it. Whilst each episode is painfully short, they're very tightly made and channel the best aspects of Consolevania very nicely.

The third incarnation of videoGaiden is almost upon us. December 1st to be almost precise.

I should probably watch the second season now ASAP!

Also, I should be able to watch season 3 "properly" on TV, as we get access to all regional versions of BBC 1 via satellite in the UK. :tup:

Do the BBC still have the series online, or do I have to resort to youtube etc.? I've had a fish around the BBC and google; seems like the latter.

Do the BBC still have the series online, or do I have to resort to youtube etc.? I've had a fish around the BBC and google; seems like the latter.

I believe either series may have had an extremely limited DVD run at some point, as it's not on the main UK video sharing sites which respect "available media" rules, which in English means: "we don't host shit unless you simply can't get hold of it any other way."

I'll be buggered if I can find it in any online store though, so check my *ahem* a few posts up.

I don't think it's been released on DVD. Otherwise I'd have read it somewhere. I'd love it though; especially season 2. Season 1 has its awesome moments too, though. Fuck off, Batman.

:tup: