Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Crackdown Demo

What a fucking piece of shit. I loaded it up and found myself in some sort of round garage, ran over to a guy and accidentally killed him. Then everyone tried killing me, but I managed to run them over with one of the cars.

Is this what everyone's raving about? What about a fucking introduction or tutorial or something? I didn't even know what the buttons did. I thought maybe I could talk to the guy but hit him instead.

And to top it off I had to watch a long film just to quit.

Gee whizz, how about giving a game a fair chance before taking it down after the first minute? Some games take some effort before they reveal their genius. Don't know if Crackdown's one of them (haven't played it myself yet), but this seems like stupid frustration from a spoiled kid who gets angry when he doesn't get something immediately when he wants it. No offense, of course.

I dunno, I kinda like tutorial-less games, where you're just dumped in in the thick of it, like the start of god of war. Excluding special moves, as long as you're used to the console, you don't really need all that press a to jump, look around your house and try every conceivable button combination time.

You and the game just started off on the wrong foot, give it another chance. Besides, the fact that there's no stupid "push the left analogue stick to move"-tutorial means you can actually play it multiple times (I played for several hours) without suffering. Anyway, that's pretty much how the game begins in the full version as well.

Are you certain that the controls weren't explained in some interstitial loading screen, and you just weren't paying attention? This'd be the first for Xbox Live if it were the case.

And run over to someone and then start mashing the controller?! I'd also like to know what thought process made you figure pressing the red button would result in good things happening?

I suggest you give yourself a good slap, then fire up the demo again and enjoy yourself.

Sure, it seemed like a cool game. It's just that when you don't even have access to a manual, and you've obviously never played the game before, it's kind of stupid to just dump you in the room without explaining anything. Of course I'll give it another go (I'll probably buy it) but the demo wasn't very demo-ish. Of course, I may have chosen something wrong in the menu, I dunno.

Fuck! I was playing this one game once that was exactly the same thing. It just dropped me into the game without a tutorial. How the fuck was I supposed to know what was going on? I figured out how to move alright and before I knew it there was this little short dude coming up to me. I went up to it to say hi and I FUCKING DIED. Like, what the hell? What am I supposed to do? And what the fuck are those question blocks for?