Sign in to follow this  
Trithemius

Big Huge RPG

Anyone heard much about this? I only recently found out, and I am quite excited about Ken Rolston's involvement (both because of his role in Morrowind, and his earlier conventional RPG stuff like Glorantha and Paranoia).

I'm hoping it is something to do with the Rise of Legends setting. Anyone else have wild speculations?

P.S. Hi again!

Since he was lead designer on Oblivion, I'll hold Rolston responsible for the poor main quest and the wooden acting. Didn't he have a storytelling rule like "a character that has gained the player's trust can't betray the player"? In some quests there were characters that tried to trick you and all, but those were all beyond obvious and not a very fun experience.

Maybe I'm wrong and he's a swell guy, but from what I know, Rolston sounds like he should rethink a couple of things.

I get the impression he was much less involved in Oblivion than Morrowind - he seemed to imply as much in an interview (where he said he liked Morrowind more because he had more control in it).

He's not Robin D Laws (and if anyone says something against Robin D Laws then I will cut them) but I think he did a good job with Morrowind. I'm also a bit of a fan of the old skool table-top RPG things he did though, so maybe I am biased.

Hmm, I wonder when people are going to start trying to get Robin D Laws to help with computer games? They got to Jon Tynes...