SpiderMonkey

E3 thread

..but...but... they took the idea of opening Pandora's Box, you know, the box of CHAOS AND HORROR AND DESTRUCTION...and the best they could think of was a shooter with werewolves, polar bears and large birds?

Where's the things that turn buildings inside out, the inverse gravity, and the body part swapper? Now THAT'S chaos.

Kind of, but that had angels on it, not serpents. Wisha though, plenty of similar symbolism around in the same period.

One thing I never got about all of these Pandora box stories: didn't Pandora already release the evils of mankind in the original story? A quick wiki search shows that what was left in the box was the ability to see the misfortunes of the future. Since their lives suddenly became that much worse, lacking that gift gave them a blind hope. So, following the myth, opening the box in present days either releases hope, or lets you see the future, depending on the interpretation. :shifty:

Actually, since Pandora already released whatever was inside the box in her own time, what we'd end up now by opening the box would be a really pretty, empty box.

Yeah, at least have the logic to invent something, like "what Pandora didn't know was that there was a second box".

Also "all the world's ills" translating into "monster animals for you to kill" is exactly the kind of shortsightedness that people complain about in the industry as a whole.

But... they never say it's pandora's box, right ?

No, they don't in that trailer. Since one preview described it as "biblical" it might actually be the Ark of the Covenant. Although why that would unleash the Roc and a bunch of werewolves I have no idea.

I don't think it's the ark either : in the developer's walkthroughs at gametrailers, you see the game beginning in a regular museum so I guess it will be a generic (aztec or whatever) and long lost artifact but certainly not the ark. During the showing of the opening scene, one of the developer tell the audience that the beasts are trying to turn the world to what they experienced it was by removing anything that's out of place... and it doesn't fit with the Ark either. So I guess you're just over-analyzing and got this 'Ark' and 'Pandora's box' story out of nowhere.

Still, the game seems reaaaaally unsurprising and dull.

Well how about this blurb that is attached to the trailer:

"Unleash hell on earth as an art thief that gets tricked into opening the greatest box of legend, Pandora's Box."

I doubt this blurb came from nowhere....

My mistake then : they really are uninspired.

Meh I don't know. I was never really too impressed with the first one. Always just seemed like if i pressed forward all the time I would eventually win

I like the look of the jetski thing though. Looks a lot like Crash Bandicoot but that's no bad thing

Meh I don't know. I was never really too impressed with the first one. Always just seemed like if i pressed forward all the time I would eventually win

Had you never played a 2D Sonic game before this? :mock:

I thought the first one was really good. Not 100% amazing, but definately 100% better than any of the 3D attempts.