Sign in to follow this  
Salka

You ain't seen nothing...

... until you've walked into the ladies toilets one day and found somebody has left behind a mixture of shit, piss and blood in/on/around the toilet.

I don't know what it is about game dev studios in the UK. I think it was Marek that said there was some rumour or legend that toilets in UK Dev Studios have shit all over the walls and stuff. Well, it's never happened before in the ladies toilets, but there are frequently giant turds from some kind of massive arsehole left in the mens cubicles. On the floor. And there's this one guy who apparently likes to wobble around with his trousers around his ankles, dropping tiny little brown poo-eggs all over the floor, like he's trying to spell something with his shit marbles.

What is the message you are trying to give us? Maybe you could write it out with a pen instead of shit, so that we can better understand what you're trying to protest against?

Maybe now that women are joining in this underground resistance, they can use their blood to write legible messages on the wall. Perhaps, in fact, that was THIS lady's plan... but halfway through shitting and pissing and bleeding all over the toilet, and then mashing it all together with toilet water so that it formed a paste that she could use for writing with, she panicked and had to run away. Maybe that woman is walking around up here right now, with little bits of turd on her ankles and a little trickle of dry blood running down the inside of her thigh.

Seriously, why the fuck is everyone shitting on the floor!??

I have decided not to apply for a job with your employer.

Ever.

It's not just here though. Marek will tell you - it's apparently some kind of UK dev studio thing.

I guess people sometimes just feel really crap about their job, their low pay and long hours... and decide to take a massive dump on the floor in protest. But they don't stop to think that it's the CLEANERS that are going to have to clean their shit up, not their managers, not their co-workers... but some unrelated person.

So did you report it to someone or did you just leave it there and post about it on idle forums? Are you scared about getting caught? How many Dev studios have you done this at? How many of those has Marek visited?

What the fuck. No one does this at my UK dev studio. If someone did, I can't imagine it would happen again. What the fuck.

(We do have one loo that doesn't flush with enough strength so there is a resident brown turtle who pops up a few times a month though.)

This kind of thing should be included in the Develop 100. Definitely a ranking with some kind of poo metrics.

O my god. I was JUST finishing breakfast when I opened this topic. Took me some skill to swallow those last bites.

I could've just gone away of course, but where's the challenge in that?

I don't have any first-hand (HAND!) experience with this phenomenon but I've certainly heard stories from UK devs that support my theory that some kind of epic shitfest epidemic has hit the UK games industry.

It is true I have seen it in a few studios but never in a southern dev . I just assumed that is how all the northern monkeys did their number 2s, I was pleased that they had grown beyond throwing it at each other.

my friend works in a video shop and someone keeps leaving those big bags of maltesers in the toilet. yesterday they were all IN the toilet and around the rim, crushed up. it's not poo, but it's still pretty weird.

There's someone around here who does that but with shit instead of malteasers, but his shit looks like a little bunch of slightly melted malteasers, if you can picture that.

Although sometimes, depending on what he's eaten, it looks a bit like a melting pile of ferrero roché.

my friend works in a video shop and someone keeps leaving those big bags of maltesers in the toilet.

Let's hope everyone washes their hands eh? Food in the toilet, for everyone to share! Awesome.