miffy495

What the hell?

BioWare is one of the hottest names in RPG development in the world

Except this is BioWare's new handheld division, so pretty much a different group of people from those that worked on the classic BioWare titles, I assume? In effect this is just a massive BioWare+Sonic branding exercise.

Both of those brands have huge followings. The question is whether this game will attract the union or the intersection of these two sets of fans.

Who knows what this will become. Might be awesome. Might be crap. I never liked the Sonic games, so maybe I'll like this because it'll likely be nothing like them?

Except this is BioWare's new handheld division, so pretty much a different group of people from those that worked on the classic BioWare titles, I assume? In effect this is just a massive BioWare+Sonic branding exercise.

Same offices, so it's probably a mix of old and new talent.

I had the same reaction when I heard the news, but I figure if anyone can make a great RPG out of this it would be Bioware.

SiN

I never liked the Sonic games

BANNED! SO BANNED! BAN HIM! U R TEH B4NX0R3D!!11oneoneone

Normally the phrase "Sonic RPG" would make me cry, but I like Bioware enough that this has me sufficiently intrigued to stick around and see.

Seeing as the original, good Sonic games were about the essence of speed, and RPGs seem to be about the repetitive stat grinding required to see the next nicely rendered CG movie that looks nothing like the game itself, it will be nice to watch this game Hindenburg.

I remember I was hugely skeptical the first time I heard of a Super Mario RPG. That game was incredible. I don't see this as being too different.

Fair enough.

I wonder how much gossip gets around. A friend of mine just started dating a guy who used to work at Bioware. He still has a lot of friends there. If I just come right out and say, "So, a Sonic RPG. The hell?" I wonder if he'd know/tell me anything.

Hahahaha oh man this is so predictable.

Simon Jeffery became LucasArts president in 2000. Deals were made with Petroglyph, Kuju, Planet Moon Studios, The Collective, Obsidian and BioWare.

Simon Jeffery becomes president of Sega of America in like 2004. Deals are made with -- wait for it -- Petroglyph, Kuju, Planet Moon Studios, The Collective, Obsidian and BioWare.

And as a bonus Totally Games and Secret Level, which used to make LucasArts' space combat sims. All aboard the Jeffery train!

I only notice this because I used to be a huge LucasArts fan etc. etc. But it's funny how this guy's business relations are apparently at the heart of so many publishing deals.

All aboard the Jeffery train!

he has yet to hire mojo to become a sega fansite.

Sonic games are highly overrated. And Sega is shit now.

Sonic games are highly overrated. And Sega is shit now.

You are.

Yeah! This isn't UK:R you know! We obsess over Katamari & Psychonauts & Shadow of the Colossus, not the blue hedgehog with the red slippers!

I'll show you how it's fucking done! :tfart:

That's a mature argument from the fangirl of a hundred IP's

I'm bored of this now

Anyone got any actual information to add to this story?