Nick

No Spore till 09

Is what went through my mind the second I saw the thread title.

Yeah, seriously. Just to briefly elaborate on my initial reaction to this news: Fuck off.

Oh, I think I'd heard that already then. Still, Xmas 08 ifeels a long way away :(

Sorry, I edited my post so now yours doesn't make sense (well it might be as long as Christmas 2008).

Probably still end up being holiday 2008 at the best. tfo.gif

Fuuuckkk.

Fortunately I've got only +100 good/shitty games to play while waiting for Spore's arrival. So maybe I'll survive.

Also your link is fubar nick, remove the first "http://"

Done.

It's EA's fiscal '09, which begins in April 2008.

Oh. :shifty:

omg... I can't believe DNF will be released before Spore

omg... I can't believe DNF will be released before Spore

I heard a rumor that they're actually the same game! :tup:

Oh man, this is gonna be so awesome! Create your own stripper! Write your own one-liners! I can't wait.

Create your own stripper with butts for eyes! Just think of all the places you can create to tuck dollar bills into!

There was a time when I was anxiously awaiting Spore. I couldn't sit still because I just wanted to play Spore all the time. And then it was delayed until 2007, and then 2008, and now late 2008, and I just feel like, if they've completed as much of the game as we've seen so far in the many game play demos that have been released and there's still that much work to be done, there's some essential element of the game that just doesn't work, and we're all going to be disappointed or disinterested when it's finally released.

I hope I'm wrong really, but I can't help feeling like something's gone wrong and they're just not telling us.

I hope I'm wrong really, but I can't help feeling like something's gone wrong and they're just not telling us.

I essentially feel the same but hold out hope that they're just working on perfecting it and perhaps filling in the bits that Wright has skipped over in all the demos. The "now-I'll-cheat-to-get-to-the-UFO bits" as I prefer to call them.

Also, a spark of inspiration struck me (it hurt):

spiraldy3.gif

From what I heard they decided the game was too sandboxy by itself, so the delays may well be caused by the implentation of a more narrative driven campaign mode.

spiraldy3.gif

I salute you sir

edit: Hmm Rado, I see it more like a firebreathing chinese dragon, but instead of fire it is breathing thumbs and instead of a dragon it is a serpentine farting pacman. Profound.

From what I heard they decided the game was too sandboxy by itself, so the delays may well be caused by the implentation of a more narrative driven campaign mode.

err... right...

so they decided that the thing they were hyping wasn't going to result in a good game?

Could be, but I can't remember the source so it's possible I dreamed this.

spiraldy3.gif

Hahahahaha, superb. :tup: :tup:

Also, did they actually hype Spore or was it just the community going crazy over their demonstrations (which I don't think can be counted as hype)? I sincerely can't remember.

spiraldy3.gif

Please make this an official smiley soon. It's not like it's any bigger than :wtz: or anything.

And yeah, I can't recall much about Spore that didn't come from those presentations, but the way they were showing it off felt like a calculated move to give people no option but to go crazy with hype. A good job on their part, really, but in light of the delays could end up hurting them more.