Sign in to follow this  
Rado

PRINCE OF PERSIA Script Review

meh... sounds like a direct game to movie adaption

the game's story needs a lot of padding for it to become something usable for a movie. Although 90 minutes of parkour/art of movement/urban free flow stuff is also interesting. But since a lot of stuff done in PoP physically impossible it will probably be done with wires and computer graphics. Thus.. it's just watching a speedrun of PoP SoT?

then again... it's not like the Spiderman movies had a lot of substance.

meh... sounds like a direct game to movie adaption

I admit I haven't played the games too much - especially the Sands of Time trilogy - but nothing about the film's story, except for the dagger, seems familiar to me.

I think that bit about the burning robe was lifted from Arthurian legend.

It's an even older plot point. That's how Deianara offed Heracles.

well they only described ACT1 and from the looks of it resembles the first part of PoP SoT. But they tell a bit more of the story that you'll see in the game (because the game is pretty much non stop action).

It's not just the dagger (which they changed a bit, no sand reclaiming?).

In the beginning of PoP SoT you are on a quest to find the armory of the city you're attacking to find some hidden treasure.

But it looks like they replaced Jafar with a brother of the hero.

Why make a movie out of Prince of Persia? If you want to make a movie out of a Jordan Mechner game, The Last Express is the way to go.

It's an even older plot point. That's how Deianara offed Heracles.

Heracles' robe didn't set him on fire, did it? Not directly anyway. It was soaked in a poison that inflicted unimaginable pain and made him try to end it all on a pyre.

Why make a movie out of Prince of Persia? If you want to make a movie out of a Jordan Mechner game, The Last Express is the way to go.

Good idea... and for the artistic look they should use rotoscoping so it will look just like The Last Express

Depends on your philosophy. Prince of Persia you can flesh out, make your own, go to town with it. Last Express on the other hand is pretty much defined, so if you were to do it, especially with rotoscoping as elmuerte suggested, what would be the point? It would be the game but without interactivity.

Of course, that's just theory. No one would stop a Hollywood exec from making Last Express a Van Damme vehicle set in the future.

But from the outset, PoP allows for more creativity than Last Express.

Van Damme will live forever, he is Guile after all.

he was also going to be Gluteus Maximus in the next live action Asterix movie, but apparently he dropped out.

he was also going to be Gluteus Maximus in the next live action Asterix movie, but apparently he dropped out.

The next Asterix movie? There's a fucking Asterix movie? Potentially a series? Wha?

I doubt it's co-written...

Mechner had hoped to branch out into movies for a long time. He had actually written The Last Express on spec and shopped it around. That's why I'm pretty sure he actually co-wrote Prince of Persia. Besides, Writers Guild of America is very anal about proper, uhm, crediting so what you are suggesting simply wouldn't fly. Not that any of it matters. Bruckheimer reportedly junked the script and got Boaz Yakin to do a Page One rewrite.

There are actually two Asterix live action movies.

Astérix et Obélix contre César

Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre

Gerard Depardieu's nose :tup:

The first one is shite, the second one is great but it's filled with jokes referencing current french pop culture... so I'm not sure you foreign guys will enjoy it as much as us froggies.