Sign in to follow this  
Nachimir

Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii

ouendan2_small.jpg

Got it this morning. It's excellent.

(Thanks for the Play Asia recommendations all; great service).

It is back from the EBA hinterland of ghastly disco stars, but has kept all of the improvements like being able to skip straight into the track. The old Ouendan graphics and sound effects are also spruced up, with an aesthetic just like Ouendan 1, but tightened up and made shinier like in EBA.

Favorite bits so far: Helping a kid to battle nightmares; the music is a Japanese cover of Ballroom Blitz and if you lose he wets the bed. One level is also based on Teen Wolf.

Verdict: :tup: All the WTF and less of the cheese :grin:

Yeah, I've been playing this since I got it on Friday. Quality stuff. My favourite, as I knew it would be, is the cover of Monkey Magic - yes, the TV show theme song. I'm finally getting some A Ranks too, which is a big big achievement for me. My vast improvement this weekend even meant that I went back to EBA and beat some of the songs I was stuck on, and unlocked ABC. (It's like Baby's Day Out, but with a cat!)

I also like the Teen Wolf parody (it even says "Wolf" on his shirt, like it's his college sports team). Oh, and that Pop Star song is good too, where you're a doctor that has to fix things like an old man's hair, a horse, and a microwave.

It's interesting that Inis seems to have taken the bits they liked from EBA and applied them to Ouendan 2. (Check out the final scenario, you'll see what I mean.) Oh, there is one new thing I've noticed - after you've finished the level more than once, you can skip past the outro once you've finished the level to get to your score. A great addition, this makes it even easier for players to keep trying to improve their scores.

[...]the cover of Monkey Magic[...]

Holy shit, the one with born from an egg on a mountain top and all that?