Starcraft 2, yay!

I started the digital download this morning so it'd be ready this evening when I've time to play (being able to download without paying and then 'activating' once you're ready to play is a nice touch) but I've just seen the digital version price and it's more expensive than a retail version. 59.99 euro! I thought DD was meant to be cheaper? My only problem now is that I can't help but think I should spend that little bit extra and go for the CE edition...

Collectors edition GET. It comes with so many shinies, I'm such a sucker for this stuff. The USB stick that looks like a future-dog-tag with original SC on it is a really nice touch, and the comic and art book look very nice, but what I wanted the most are the soundtrack and behind-the-scenes DVD. Worth it for me, even though I'm basically broke until next payday. <.<

Btw, for those who want to catch up on the story so far, the installer summarizes it while you're staring at the progress bar. Cool touch. ^^

GAHHHHH It's just so fucking infuriating that I'm waiting here for fucking trucks to deliver the fucking game to fucking stores whike everyone's already playing! :tdown::tdown::tdown::(

[EDIT] Just heard that one stores has them. I'm on my flipping way.

[EDIT] OK the install is done. /Gone for the next 5 months.

Edited by Rodi

I feel kinda bad that I didn't remember the day it came out now. I preordered it and just figured that I'd get it in the mail at random one day and be pleasantly surprised. Is it really such a momentus thing? I mean, I'm sure it will be good, but all the hype has been putting me off.

I have 2 14-day trial keys if anybody is sitting on the fence

I woke up this morning, walked to my mailbox, got SC2, installed it. Been playing all day. It's great. :grin:

Rodi, they sent my copy by mail, so some retailers must've gotten it at least a day before. :D

So... did anyone else pick a name that they thought was for the single player campaign only to discover that it's actually for Battle.net? Surprise!

:(

I skimmed this delightful thread. My favorites are the crazy people babbling about suing Blizzard, and the dude towards the end whose girlfriend activated his game using "EMILY".

So... did anyone else pick a name that they thought was for the single player campaign only to discover that it's actually for Battle.net? Surprise!

:(

I skimmed this delightful thread. My favorites are the crazy people babbling about suing Blizzard, and the dude towards the end whose girlfriend activated his game using "EMILY".

yeah, i used my real first name...I suppose it's not the worst thing I could have done.

Anyways...as a person who has spent the last 2 weeks furiously trying to bea the first StarCraft for the first time, only to kinda make it through the Terran campaign, I love the changes this game makes with the medic units and how units can actually walk PAST other units now. I also really likes how the manual caught me up on the story.

Yes please. I have nostalgia for the original, but I never really got into it any deeper than simply loving the universe. I played it at an age when I cared about the cinematics more than the actual gameplay. I don't know if I have the energy to go back and try to make it through the original again (though I probably should). Bottom line: I'm curious and excited for this one, but I don't have the adoration of the first to make it an easy sell at $60.

I also really likes how the manual caught me up on the story.

Oh shit, does this game have a proper Blizzard manual? The last Blizzard game I bought was Warcraft III, and that thing came with a goddamned beautiful book that was hundreds of pages long and loaded with lore. Blizzard games have always had great manuals. I figured that now that everything's so digital focused that wasn't a thing that would happen anymore, but if Starcraft 2 has one of those, I may just be the happiest gamer. In some cases, I think I've liked the manuals that Blizzard has put out more than the games.

The manual isn't really that special this time, certainly not up to snuff with classics like War2 and Starcraft 1. Blizz manuals have been getting increasingly shabby. War3's was noticably smaller and less cool than the ones before which tended to be A5 instead of A6 size.

I love in the first mission of the singelplayer that

there's a dog that shows the way in the first bit. It's such a quaint little detail, I love it. And that first hub world is fantastic.

I'm loving it so far! I was never any good at the single-player in the first StarCraft, so they've done something right in this one. I've done 15 or 16 missions now, and they don't feel too hard on Normal.

Seconded please!

I actually have the Collector's edition on the way, but it's not getting to me for another week and a half so this would tide me over perfectly! :tup:

Was given a trial key today. Stupidly thought I'd be able to download it in one evening...as it turns I might, but it won't be until midnight. Possibly.

Did my digital download and registered last night. Runs alright on low settings on my early 2008 Macbook Pro. I'm loving the way the campaign is structured. I haven't played online yet because I haven't played Starcraft in about 8 years. Though, I have played WC3 in that time.

If anybody does have some trial keys, I actually am on the fence about buying this, and would like to give it a go :)

Did my digital download and registered last night. Runs alright on low settings on my early 2008 Macbook Pro. I'm loving the way the campaign is structured. I haven't played online yet because I haven't played Starcraft in about 8 years. Though, I have played WC3 in that time.

That's encouraging. The only reason I went for the 14 day thing is to make sure it would run ok on my laptop. (T6570 2.1Ghz, Mob. Radeon 4330)

Also: liking the way it looks as though once purchased I could d/l the mac client as well, should I choose. (Thinking about a MBP).

If anybody does have some trial keys, I actually am on the fence about buying this, and would like to give it a go :)

If you still haven't bought it yet and are still looking for a trial key; I have got a couple I can part with. PM me, if you're interested.

EDIT: Just gave out my trial keys to Sleepdance and juv3nal. I still have WoW trial keys, that I am surely never going to use.

Edited by Scratch

When I say I'm not sure, I really do mean that :P Unless I get a key and it turns out to be my new favourite thing ever, I doubt I'll buy it for a long while yet. I've never been very good at RTS, and I'm hoping this will be good fun :)

Bah. It appears 3Gb of Ram on my laptop isn't enough. Even with everything on low and in a window. :(

Oh well. At least I found out in a trial way.

Just barely managed to finish the last mission! Man, this was some good fun. And apparently, I didn't even finish every mission.

The only thing bothering me is that my computer is too shitty to play it on High quality graphic setting. A lot of the in-game cutscenes felt like they had a lot of work put into them, and it just lost a lot without the good shading and effects and high quality textures and stuff.. :(

Guess I need a new computer.

If anyone's up for some multiplayer, add me on Battle.net:

jkk (at) framebender.dk

Sorry Ben, already gave away both keys :/

The single player has so much replay value with tech trees, mission branching, moral choices and achievements. Pretty cool.