Wrestlevania

BSG given the bullet

Are you sad to see BSG go?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sad to see BSG go?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care - didn't follow it

If season 4 is the last season and the finding Earth thing is wrapped up, I wouldn't cry about it. Not letting the series drag on too long would be an elegant thing to do.

I'd love to see spinoff / miniseries / direct-to-DVD material follow the series finale though. There's already some really positive buzz on that Pegasus mini-movie they're doing.

although I'm really enjoying BSG, it's clearly starting to run dry on new ideas, much like so many other series...Lost, Prison Break, etc.

One last season would be a wise choice. I agree with Marek about the spin offs: it would be a more creative and interesting way to revisit the same universe through new characters and situations.

Some kind of prequel would be nice, explaining all those clues pointing to earth that the original colonies left behind.

series 1 :tup::tup::tup::tup:

series 2 :tup::tmeh:

series 3 :tdown:

series 4???? :fart:

heroes :tup::tmeh::tup:?? half good

I've never seen any of the new BSG aside from the miniseries that launched it... :getmecoat

Me too. But a series ending in its fourth season is pretty decent. Farscape did that too, and they thus managed to end on a real high note. One of the faster-paced series around, and it only builds in quality; ending in a crescendo instead of a disappointment.

Series should actually stop at their peak. Dragging them on produces horrible, incremental lapses in quality, begetting Friends/Simpsons horrors.

I've never seen any of the new BSG aside from the miniseries that launched it... :getmecoat

I found the mini series to be much worse than the actual series episodes. I was really hooked from episode 3 or 4 (first season) and I found the second season quite nice but the third has too much filler episodes unfortunately.

I found the mini series to be much worse than the actual series episodes. I was really hooked from episode 3 or 4 (first season) and I found the second season quite nice but the third has too much filler episodes unfortunately.

Agreed. The third season rapidly breaks down the mystery and menace of the Cylon threat, which is where I think they've gone wrong with the series. I do intend to watch the last few episodes of season three, but when someone pointed out the above (on Thumbs?) it was a rather nasty realisation.

I would definitely recommend anyone watch the very first episode - entitled "33" - of season one, though. It's an incredible piece of TV drama.

If they're not going to draw some closure in the fourth season, then it's going to drag worse than this one has--and will doom the show (in its current form) anyway. Which would all be quite convenient.

I'm glad to hear it; I've got sick of quite a few series that rambled on.

I binge viewed series 3 of BSG and it was just all extremely depressing... at least BSG as a whole has a clear story arc though, unlike Lost and the X Files, which both clearly piled on the mystery and have/had no way to dispel it gracefully.

Given the number of pointers they've created to Earth up to the end of series three, it'd be really crap for them to drag BSG past a fourth.

Is season 3 that bad? I thought it was about equal to season 2, with the exception of the first couple of episodes on New Caprica, which owned me totally.

A lot of people seemed to have disliked the New Caprica and Cylon base ship arcs (moreso the latter than the former), which turned off the first half of the season for them, and then the second half obviously faltered (as did the second half of season 2).

I didn't think it was that bad (I actually liked the base ship stuff...), personally.

I don't think it's such a bad move to end it. One of the worst things a TV show can do is to keep itself going just because it's popular. It ends up jumping the shark and becoming pathetic. I like the fact they have a definite story they want to tell and they'll stop when it's done being told.

The fourth and final season of Galactica will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

To me, that pretty much confirms they'll be going balls-out for the final season. :tup:

I'm determined to catch up on the rest of season two now, in preparation.

I'm totally ready for the final season now.

I expect it's going to be great, since RDM was one of the key writers behind DS9's "The Final Chapter", the 12 closely linked super epic episodes at the end (which apart from one plot line were totally excellent).

Oh man. "FOR CARDASSSIAAAAAA!". They had me totally rooting for the original bad guys. I need to watch that shit again someday.

I'm glad to hear it; I've got sick of quite a few series that rambled on.

I binge viewed series 3 of BSG and it was just all extremely depressing... at least BSG as a whole has a clear story arc though, unlike Lost and the X Files, which both clearly piled on the mystery and have/had no way to dispel it gracefully.

While LOST may have a few too many mysteries, I would not compare it with the X Files. I'm a big fan of X-F, but the grand conspiracy storyline was so convoluted and changed so many times that by the end I didn't care at all. LOST clearly has a game plan, and is expected to tie up its many plot points because they aren't just making up the story as it goes like the X Files producers did.

LOST will have three more seasons, but with the episode-count equivalent of two seasons. I would prefer the producer's original wish of one and a half more seasons, but like BSG, they're putting the end in sight rather than hoping that the network will let them end it when the time is right.

Hmm, maybe I should give Lost another chance. I binged on the first season and found it suspiciously reminiscent of the X-Files, and also found it hard to care during the second season so gave up. It reminds me of people who try too hard to be mysterious.

How on earth are they showing some kind of coherence in season 3?

I switched off after the school teacher blew up. :fart:

And I certainly have no desire to wade back in, given the disparate story threads I've heard talk of since.

I'll watch Lost once it's finally finished and someone makes a Phantom Edit that I can enjoy in only a few days, without having to wade through hours of bullshit filler.

I switched off after the school teacher blew up. :fart:

If you can't appreciate Arzt blowing up, I guess some people can't be pleased.

If you can't appreciate Arzt blowing up, I guess some people can't be pleased.

I'm not saying I didn't appreciate it, but that it was all starting to get a little ridiculous by then. The slapstick "BOOM!!! ...splat-splat-splat" just confirmed it.