adfegg

Stupidest idea ever?

The imagery is haunting me. Mostly in part because if you replace the infected with normal people and then mentally picture the scenearios in places like Somalia, Dubai, Iraq...

The film is still giving me chills.

Right, good. This is what had me keen to see 28 Weeks Later in the first place (apart from the zombies). I'll definitely be watching this now--thanks, twmac. :tup:

No probs... I went to see the film again on Saturday (it ranks along side Elephant and Battle Royale as the one of the few films I've seen twice at the cinama). If anything, now that the cheap shocks have been removed because I know what is going to happen the film is even sadder.

Went to see it with an ex, she was in tears after the first scene and had to go to the bathroom for a bit. A few other people actually walked out halfway through, it was at a more mainstream theatre so there is a good chance these people thought it was a sequel to a Sandra Bullock film and left...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0191754/

Yes.

That first multiple ending is the only one they actually distributed AFAIK, and was the first one I saw as it's the one they chose to show on the Sky Movies channel. I then saw the last bit of the film on the same channel some months later while channel hopping and it had a different ending. :fart:

No wonder I thought it ended on a much darker note than most people!!

Yeah the dark ending was shown in cinemas on the 28th day of release.

Well, no-ones making it, they just sold the rights. Probably to some clueless studio exec with more money than brains.

"Look, wouldn't you like to own the film rights to the worlds best selling video game, also the game most played by women? Great! that will be $1B please. HAHAHA so long sucker!"

"The Sims has done an interactive version of an old story, which is what it's like to have infinite power and how do you deal with it," the Hollywood industry paper quoted Rod Humble, head of The Sims Studio at EA, as saying.

;(

That's pretty great, the head of The Sims Studio has never played The Sims or apparently studied the design at all.

I imagine a Hollywood movie based on the Sims to be a thriller about a group of roommates who discover their lives are not entirely under their control. A mysterious smoke detector inexplicably appears after a freak electrical fire that consumes one of the friends. Another struggles to make enough friends in the small town in order to progress in his career. A couple have a baby despite the mother never delivering. In the final scene, the cast all fall in love with each other, because of the amount of talking they had done trying to find out who is controlling their lives.

I can't wait for the humiliating urine related scenes. People pissing themselves left and right and then the ladder to the pool dissapears and Jimmy drowns in front of all his friends, after swimming around for a few days.