adfegg

Stupidest idea ever?

Not necessarily. The trailer looks pretty promising. Maybe they can actually make a nice sequel? Better wait and see.

there are way more stupid ideas... like Rambo 4

Some one mentioned this to me the other day. He said the style looks completely different - very action movie.

Also it's not directed by Danny Boyle, but some guy I've never heard of who has apparently only made spanish language movies up 'til now.

imdb is my friend

I am apprehensive.

I've been looking forward to this for quite a while. Not expecting it no be nearly as good as Days, but I'll see it if for nothing more than that I love zombie movies.

I've been looking forward to this for quite a while. Not expecting it no be nearly as good as Days, but I'll see it if for nothing more than that I love zombie movies.

What he said.

28 weeks later is rather commendable, it isn't a Halloween1/2 kind of deal. from what I've read and seen it actually looks like they have thought about it, and then tried to make a valid film rather than a cash in.

Don't think it is rubbish idea and I am now looking forward to it after the preview.

I thought Boyle was the director, and thought it was pretty strange that he'd done this and Sunshine at the same time. But that means it's not strange, because he didn't.

there are way more stupid ideas... like Rambo 4

There can only be one!

and that title belongs to .... Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa was the finest film released in the 2000s. :tup:

Rocky Balboa was the finest film released in the 2000s. :tup:

Evil Aliens was much much better

I thought Boyle was the director, and thought it was pretty strange that he'd done this and Sunshine at the same time. But that means it's not strange, because he didn't.

Did anyone see Sunshine yet? I don't think it ever came out over here in the US. I saw the trailer a while back and thought it looked great. It looked similar to 2001, in the way it was shot. Should I rent it?

Considering the release date is Sept. '07, no, I haven't seen it.

But you freaked me out for a minute there. Thought I missed it.

Ah! Ok, good. Me too! The Wikipedia had some reviews of it up somehow, and I just assumed I had missed it.

I guess it's only out in the UK: "Sunshine placed 4th at the UK box office, achieving one million pounds on its first weekend in the UK.'

talking about stupid ideas:

New "Terminator" Trilogy Planned

and the best part is that neither Cameron nor Schwarzenegger will have anything to do with it.

So besides the probably aweful Sarah Connor Chronicles TC series there will now also be more awefull movies.

Will it be as good as Terminator vs Robocop though?

I think the producers have been pretty smart in jumping ship. They get a nice fat cheque and are not responsible for any shite that gets dragged out of the franchise. Also fans can console themselves that they're not "real" Terminator movies.

On the other hand, looks like we finally get to see a film set during the Machine War.

Did anyone see Sunshine yet? I don't think it ever came out over here in the US. I saw the trailer a while back and thought it looked great. It looked similar to 2001, in the way it was shot. Should I rent it?

I've seen it on a festival last month and it's quite rubbish...similar to Event Horizon but worse.

Just saw 28 weeks later, and it was pretty jarring.

A lot of references to political unrest in the world, mainly caused by America. The ending was a tad shit and perdictable, other than that it was worth going to see.

I've heard 28 Weeks Later is very flip-floppy in general. Some people raging against the MTV camera work, others indifferent to the fact the plot seems to go nowhere.

I'm still interested in seeing it (I love zombie films), but that initial pique of interest has dampened right down.

Okay I posted last night, I've now spent most of the day thinking about the film.

As a piece of entertainment the film is predictable, the twists and turns obvious.

But the imagery, the imagery is haunting me. Mostly in part because if you replace the infected with normal people and then mentally picture the scenearios in places like Somalia, Dubai, Iraq...

The film is still giving me chills.

My friends who went with, said it was a piece of shit, and I pointed stuff out that had freaked me and they went 'I didn't get that from the film at all'.