Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

my kitten is here... photo thread.

Super-extra Sensorial Ears!

Heh, a friend of mine had a female cat a bit like this and called it Lilith. For two years the cat was just completely crazy : freaked out by anything, jumping on the walls, attacking people in bed because it thought a beast was underneath the sheets... still I adore cats. So superior to dogs. 2007-04-24.gif

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Gorgeous!!

The best thing I ever invested in for my cats was a cat tree. It's a great place for them to scratch wildly and do all those cat things (jump, leap, etc.) they like to do.

Aww, so cute!

Kittens are great, along with all other baby animals that can't kill or maim you.

So superior to dogs.

This though, I take offense with. I might just go find puppy pictures of my dog to disprove your point. Might.

Dogs are, for the most part, an utterly retarded inbreed specie only kept by Man to make him feel like a God he isn't: you could kick a dog in the nuts, leave it chained to a road sign on the side of a highway for weeks and then come back; that it will still welcome you like you're the only person that exists in the world.

While, cats, they just radiates with intelligence and grace. They go your way only to the extent that pleases them. Plus, you don't need to to walk them.

Cat-kind >>>> Dog-kind

Most people enjoy having a retard child they can care for only when they feel like it, though.

My cat hated me for many years. It would never come near me. But in the past couple of months we have reconciled, and all is good again.

Most people enjoy having a retard child they can care for only when they feel like it, though.

That could be the most frightening lapsus in History.

I'm guessing you were bitten or molested by a dog as a kid or something?

While I would agree that cats generally come across as more intelligent than dogs, I'd rather have a pet that actually wants to spend time with me, and isn't just hanging around for the constant supply of food. Cats are still pretty neat though.

I'm not going to touch upon most of your post however, since it creeps me out a bit. Rating animals based on amounts of abuse you dream you can inflict upon it without it caring? Uhh..

Having both, I must give a big "fuck off" to anyone who claims superiority for either side.

Your kitten is adorable. My cats are 15 and 12 now, and my dog 8, so it's nice to see a younger pet while it's still in its "awwwwwww" stage.

Cats and dogs both rock. But dogs are demonstrably more intelligent (I did a few animal behaviour courses at uni, one of which included lectures by Britain's foremost pet psychologist). They are also more loyal and havid a rigid social system, which is why they seem "dumb" to some people. Some dogs are dumb, generally the smaller breeds because they have a smaller brain than the species is meant to. But generally if you put a cat and a dog in a maze full of gadgets (or any intelligence test you can name), the dog will work them out first - they have better problem-solving skills than cats. Hell, one border collie was found to have a better understanding of human language than most trained chimps.

But I reiterate; both are awsome.

Today's lecture was brought to you by the letter "aaaaaaaahhh".

Hell, one border collie was found to have a better understanding of human language than most trained chimps.

Hmmm... perhaps the fact that my dog is a border collie has influenced my "they're both smart, fuck off" response. Still, I stand by it. I sometimes doubt that smaller dogs are in fact dogs at all. Nothing against them, I'm just not sure I should count something I could accidentally kill by tripping over in the kitchen as a dog. Still awesome, maybe not dogs.

I've yet to see a dog play the piano competently on youtube or google videos. Clearly, cats are superior.

What d'you think cats are doing when you're not looking ?

What d'you think cats are doing when you're not looking ?

go places where they are usually not allowed to.

Maybe cats simply don't want to learn/to those things. It's like the common saying: dogs have bosses, cats have servants

Having both, I must give a big "fuck off" to anyone who claims superiority for either side.

Your kitten is adorable. My cats are 15 and 12 now, and my dog 8, so it's nice to see a younger pet while it's still in its "awwwwwww" stage.

agreed.

I've had both.

And I'd also like to say that Goats are as intelligent and awesome as either cats or dogs, too.

Have to say though, horses were a massive let down... I'd rather have a giant goat and ride on that.

Or a giant cat omfg.

Or a giant cat omfg.

Getting scratched by a cat is hell as it is, I don't even want to imagine what one described as "giant" would do to me.

In regard to the intelligence thing; my dog is pretty dumb (but very sweet) so I'm basing my opinion of off that.

lljb01v4.jpg

veil_wiles_lion.jpg

and apparently this

whiskas.JPG

so watch out for giant cats.

*edit, stupid fucking tripod image hosting wankers.

yes ¬¬ OR...

pm_c1.jpg

OMfG it's both my dream pets in one movie. Go (sort of) giant goat! go (sort of) giant cat! GO!

Looks more like a bigger-than-normal wolf to me.

@ Spaff: I could have easily gone the rest of my life without seeing the Pink Panther like that. :eek::wtz::blink:

Sort of giant cat? You mean a wolf right? ie a dog.

I'll let you have the goat thing though.