BigJKO

Mario and Sonic team up for the first time in Video Game History?

Yeah Nintendo are working closely with us on the project; and as well as the Sega directors, Miyamoto also has approval and sign-off throughout the process.

Now I've seen everything.

Mario and Sonic in the same game, if someone would've said that out loud in early 90's, that person would've been instantly labeled as a crazy person.

Yeah Nintendo are working closely with us on the project; and as well as the Sega directors, Miyamoto also has approval and sign-off throughout the process.

You work at Sega? Best of luck with the project!

You totally just blew my mind.

It took WB and Disney a hell of a lot longer to allow their characters to appear side by side. I feel so old now.

Not sure I can cope with this...

On the plus side when Sega helps develop Nintendo product (F-Zero), the end turns out pretty good.

Only two or three weeks ago I said to someone at work that it would be am act of madness if they teamed up. The world has gone topsy-turvy.

You work at Sega? Best of luck with the project!

Yes I do. Thanks.

There's a time when I would have been excited. Now? Meh. Hopefully the gameplay will be fun. Whose idea was it to pit a fat plumber against a speedy hedgehog in a contest of athletics?

I'm guessing it won't be only Mario & Sonic there, right? It does say "Super Mario characters ©" and "Sonic the Hedgehog character ©" at the site...

Hmm, I haven't bought a olympic game since the days of the old NES Track & Field games but playing it with the Wiimote and DS seems so perfect! :grin:

With a little luck, it will have Wario in it, and with a lot of luck it will have character from other Sega and Nintendo games!

I think Sonic is a better athlete than Mario. Well, except for hammer throwing and possibly swiming.

I'm guessing it won't be only Mario & Sonic there, right?
It will also have Yoshi, Luigi, Knuckles and Tails.

I'm super excited about this announcement, more than I should be. It's also very amusing to watch a "Borg cube vs. Death Star"-esque nerdplosion ensue over Mario and Sonic. (Not necesserily here but in the hyperwebs at large).

???????????? The Borg would immediately transport themselves to the Death Star and assimilate it. Their shields are also much stronger.

Also, there are like 50.000 Cubes versus 1.5 Death Stars.

Am I the only one who's utterly uninterested in an Olympics game? Just because Mario and Sonic are in it doesn't mean I'm immediately interested. Would be different if it were a platform game. But then I never liked the style of the Sonic platformers, so this news does next to nothing with me. Crossovers are a dime a dozen. Their fight was a decade ago. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Am I the only one who's utterly uninterested in an Olympics game?

This was my initial reaction, but then I thought about all the Mario sports games, and if they do it in that kind of style then I am totally interested.

I'm also reminded of good old Summer Games and Winter Games, which I've been telling everyone should be reinvented on the Wii.

This game might actually be that, but with added Sonic and Mario.

Yeah, reinvented without the horrible hand-destroying button tapping.

hopefully there will be a pie eating contest so that mario can actually be competive (although we all know wario would rule)

Have u played Rayman on the Wii? I prefer button mashing to Wi-mote wanking, after a while it becomes bloody knackering.

Is this really the first time they teamed up? Didn't they join forces in the 1940's to defeat Hitler (their ally ¬¬¬¬)?

Have u played Rayman on the Wii? I prefer button mashing to Wi-mote wanking, after a while it becomes bloody knackering.

Dude, Wiimote wanking is the best. And Mario Party 8 looks to have an even better wank-simulator: All the characters shake their soda cans, and at the end they explode and we see who has the most spectacular orgasm.

I switched my allegiance to Sonic in the 16-bit days, but looking at the two franchises now, I can't really stay loyal. How did the Secret Rings one turn out? I've heard very mixed things.

Whose idea was it to pit a fat plumber against a speedy hedgehog in a contest of athletics?

Gracefully put.