Marek

How excited are you about gaming right now?

Excitement on a scale from one to ten  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Excitement on a scale from one to ten

Hey, what's going on here? Yufster and I had already replied to this topic. I'm not writing my stuff again :violin:

Sorry! I wanted the poll to show who voted and the only way to do that was to make a new one.

With courtesy from Marek; my previous post:

It's a bit of an impossible question, because there are so many sides to gaming. That said, I'm pretty excited, with all the wonderful games coming out this year for the Wii and 360 and the new consoles that are gaining momentum. If I look at the horizon and see the likes of Super Paper Mario, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Galaxy, Corruption and all the others coming... I see an awesome mix of creativity, craftsmanship and simply good entertainment. The only thing complaining it my wallet.

I voted a nine, because:

• I have just bought a new computer, and imagine myself playing:
    • CoH
    • C&C3
    • Supreme Commander
    • Fallout 3
    • Crysis
    • Bioshock
    • HL2: Episode 2 and Portal

[*]I have a PS2 at my disposal, on which I'll finish Okami and then play:

• MGS3
    • FFXII

[*]I have a Wii at my disposal, on which I'll play:

• Twilight Princess

[*]I have a DS, on which I'll finish Hotel Dusk and play:

• Minish Cap
    • Phantom Hourglass
    • Picross
    • PW3 and 4
    • Lost in Blue 2

And there's more (I have to race throught this post). I've got Oracle of Ages and Seasons on the GBA emulator, and Peggle is awesome.

I'm extremely much more jazzed about gaming than I was, say, two years ago, when I felt there wasn't as much to be excited about.

I voted a nine, simply because I've been in the mood for playing games quite a lot lately, and also because I really haven't got enough time for it. The result is that I'm constantly aching for playing more games than I do.

I've got 400 games at home of which I'd like to play at least 200 right now if I could. I have never finished Broken Sword 1, System Shock, Super Mario Sunshine, Project Zero, Metal Gear Solid, Half-Life 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico, Rez, Okami, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or lots of other very, very nice games that i know I love. Heck, I haven't even finished Thief: The Dark Project.

And that's just the classics. Right now, I'm enjoying Phoenix Wright 2, Excite Truck and Kororinpa more or less evenly, and even more Hitman: Blood Money (The goal: All Silent Assassins on Expert and Professional). I also think Ratchet & Clank is tempting so far. I'm an hour into it, and looking forward to see more.

To me, the problem is not the games, but the time I never seem to have for playing them.

[*]I have a Wii at my disposal, on which I'll play:
  • Minish Cap
  • Phantom Hourglass

Hmm, one is a GBA game and one is a DS game, how are you going to play them on Wii? :mock:

I voted five, because I'm not playing that many games anymore, but on the other hand there are several very interesting games for various platforms in the horizon that I might play someday and get excited about gaming again.

Hmm, one is a GBA game and one is a DS game, how are you going to play them on Wii? :mock:

I told you I had to race through it, hurrying.

I gave it a seven. Right now I'm not very hyped about many games and not looking forward immensely to anything in particular but there's just so many quality titles coming out in 2007 that it's hard to be negative. I guess it's just that I'm satisfied with what I have right now and the onslaught of great stuff to play is a bit overwhelming.

I voted 3 because I don't have the money for new hardware and more important, I don't have the time any time soon. Adding to that the number of interesting games coming out makes it a bit depressing. It's a bit ironic, I am excited about gaming, but because I can't do it it kills my excitement.

6: There are a handful of games that I feel are going in really exciting directions, but I feel that too much of the industry is bogged down in dogma and conservatism. I'm also worried that rising budgets / success of the Wii / sales of stuff like Guitar Hero is going to lead to a focus away from epic, ambitious story-driven experiences and more towards game-y games. There's nothing wrong with this at all, except that I strongly prefer the former.

Kinda low, because I'm dirt poor, and the games I *really* want aren't coming out right now. Still, there are exciting things on the horizon, so a 4.

I voted highly, there's a lot of nice stuff I'm looking forward to. The problem is WoW is currently 90% of my gaming and also I don't have enough money to manage to play all the awesomeness at the moment.

I'm exited at what potentially exists in the future of tomorrow.

Having just bought my first batch of Xbox Live arcade games and then seeing some very positive things on all systems has put me in high spirits, plus upcoming projects are looking great.

The only blotch on the horizon is COD3, which is so buggy but I've gotten to level 5 on veteran and don't want to give up.

Senko no Ronde has also been picked up by Ubisoft for North American distribution. Thank you Ubi.

I voted 8. My personal situation is that I have a Wii, 360 and DS, and on occasion I still play on the PC (Civ 4, Sam & Max). I'm just about done with Oblivion on 360 now. Still have a whole bunch of Gears left to play. Love casually playing Geometry Wars, Assault Heroes and Lumines on the 360. Still playing Ouendan on the DS. Wii is seeing less use at the moment pending more (non-launch) games.

Gonna pick up Hotel Dusk soon (couldn't find a copy when I was in the US ;(). Looking forward to Mass Effect and Guitar Hero on 360, amongst others. Also looking forward to Cooking Mama on the Wii (yes, really) and a whole bunch of Wii stuff in the long-term.

Might pick up SSX Blur, not sure yet.

In any case there's a high base level of quality in the industry right now, and an amazing variety in types of games / platforms / production values. If you voted very low it's a strange time to be unexcited by gaming. (I know it depends on many personal factors.)

Senko no Ronde has also been picked up by Ubisoft for North American distribution. Thank you Ubi.

It took many months of convincing to get Sega to license that out. It was a relief when they finally agreed and Ubisoft picked it up :)

Wii is seeing less use at the moment pending more (non-launch) games.

Do you want to play what's on the virtual console? When (eventually) I get one of these, I'll be messing about with VC games (I never had any Nintendo system so missed out on all of them).

That and I want to bowl! :)

My score of 4 is not because gaming isn't that exciting right now. Quite the contrary in fact. I've got a Wii and a fairly nice PC and everything is looking great right now. It's just that homework is once again a huge pain in the ass and I really don't have the time. It kills me to have a Wii upstairs and know I can't put any real time into it for the next few weeks

Voted five because I'm super excited about everything that's happening right now in gaming, but don't have the time or money to actually play any of it. I would be playing Sam & Max, though, but the only computer in the house is my girlfriend's MacBook (and I wouldn't dare try BootCamp on it.)

Meh, I'm about 7 today, but yesterday, it was more of a 3. 'Guess, I'm a lunatic gamer...eyh, I should use that appelation for a website:shifty:

Anyway, I'm excited about two things currently : trying to make Yake work and finding the time to play Yoshi's Island on the DS while the friend who forgot it at my place still wonders where it is.

Also, I found HL² for 16€ and I'm still pondering if I should buy it now or wait for the huge pack that will be realease late 2008...and play all the shitty games I got from the 1€ fair at the mall fair (Revolt and Kingpin... plus 4 shitty movies including the very terrible Young Guns - I just LOVE 1 € fair, you always got what you paid for.) It's been so long since I enjoyed an FPS, I'm thinking the awaking HL² mod community might be the answer.

I voted 2 because:

1. I bought Battlefield 2142 at the weekend and it's un-fucking-playable on my laptop :bomb:
  2. I have no money for the foreseeable future that I can use to buy a much-needed new PC :sad:
  3. I can't seem to bring my dead PS2 back to life--a fact which has completely demoralised me on the games blogging front also :frusty:

So I guess if everyone had lots of time and money, the poll's average would be around 8 or 9? :erm:

and play all the shitty games I got from the 1€ fair at the mall fair (Revolt and Kingpin... plus 4 shitty movies including the very terrible Young Guns - I just LOVE 1 € fair, you always got what you paid for.)

OMG. You did not call revolt a shitty game. If there is any cool fun original race game it's revolt! It's a damn classic man!

It's a frustrating game : the cars react exactly like crappy model cars from my childhood.

So I guess if everyone had lots of time and money, the poll's average would be around 8 or 9?

And that's what any politician would tell you...!

If we're getting defensive, then I'm sticking up for Kingpin - that game was fucking brilliant. Granted, playing it now might show it up as a piece of crap (doesn't a lot of retro gaming?), but for its time the game was superb and is one of the few games I've played through more than once.