Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Okami

Jesus Mary and Joseph fucking Christ is this game long. It's fucking fucking long. Fuck!

Yup, so I heard.

I just got me Okami for my boyfriend's birthday (Ain't I smart?:yep: ), but I'm saving it while I finish all the DS games I've started, and can enjoy it from start to end without interruptions...

Good luck with that. I had a shot at it for a while and then got distracted with school. I'm thinking I'll go back to it once summer hits, but honestly it was already starting to lose me a bit. It's beautiful, sure. Also decently fun, but there's nothing in it that really feels like it's going to engage me for the crazy amount of hours I've heard that it takes to beat the game.

Yeah, it really does just keep going.

"Oh it's ended.....oooohhhhh - GOTCHA!"

"Oh, now it's ended....ooooohhhh - GOTCHA AGAIN!"

etc.

A really beautiful game, but really, some of that playtime really seems to be artificially inflated.

Fucking fuck fuck piss shit is this game too motherfucking long! I feel like I've played nothing else for my entire life! WHEN WILL THIS END?! I KEEP KILLING THESE FUCKING EVIL MONSTERS AND JUST WHEN I THINK I HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME I GET A NEW SWORD! WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT?!?!?!?!?!

Who in the Hell gave these people the money to pull this one off? I mean, the production value is pretty high throughout the game, with new enemies and stuff... how, what the... I wish this will end!

Okay, so I've clocked 68 hours now, some of which are hours the game has been left without pausing it first. I just got the last stroke. Please tell me that the final boss is around the next bend. They have me in a trap: I've played too much to enjoy it anymore, but I've invested too much to just give up. I fucking hate Okami and fucking Clover.

The Twin Owls in the Mountain dungeon is the penultimate bit, You'll know you're approaching the end when they say "are you sure you want to go beyond the POINT OF NO RETURN".

You'll probably have about an hour left after that.

(my clock time: 56 hours, with everything possible to do done)

They have me in a trap: I've played too much to enjoy it anymore, but I've invested too much to just give up. I fucking hate Okami and fucking Clover.

YES. That is EXACTLY how it was for me. "I can't stop now, I've poured way too much time into this and I can't get that back!!!!" It really is a nice game, but MAN.

It certainly is an achievement to finish it though, if not because of the sheer amount of TIME it takes to do it.

Also, you could help pass the time between loading screens: If you get the one with the pawprints leading to Issun, time the X button presses so that you press them each time a pawprint appears. If you do it right, you get a demon fang. If you get the blank page, hammer X and you'll see pawprints appear. For every fifty (50) you do, you get a demon fang too.

Handy for getting that golden ink pot that recharges your ink speed.

Well, I finished it.

Good thing the ending was the shortest fucking cut-scene in the game.

Now:

Bully

or

God of War

or

Resident Evil 4

or

Kingdom Hearts

or

Final Fantasy X

or

Final Fantasy XII

or

MGS: Subsistence

or

Some other PS2 game?

Considering the endurance test you underwent with Okami I suggest you play 'God of War' next. I think it's the shortest of the above and it's a good game to work off some dammed rage.

Actually, because you people took so long to reply I started playing Bully. Although the loading times are a bit annoying, it seems to be a pleasant mix of a good story (well told, anyway), great voice acting and easy and varied gameplay.

It's like a mini GTA while I wait for the next shot.

I was going to reply, but my suggestion is Final Fantasy XII and I don't see that going over well, given it's length. I think it's great though, being around 15 hours in to it at the moment. The gambit system is really cool and the world has a great aesthetic to it, making me want to play on and on. It's slightly challenging, but just enough (very well balanced in all aspects so far).

I remember enjoying FFVII when I played that, although I never finished. I'm really enjoying Bully now, though, so I'll probably finish that first.

I was so excited for Okami, played it for about 40 hours, and quit because it wouldn't end. I, too, said I'd go back to it, but mannnnnnnn. I should look and see where I am and how many dungeons are left. I don't care about 100% completion, I just want to see the end!

I loved Bully, it only took about 15 hours to beat, too.

Currently playing it, great great game, maybe too easy, but from what I'm reading it will probably take years for me to finish it... I'm a really slow gamer, TR Anniversary took me like 3 months to finish, and that's supposed to be a short game...

BTW congratulations Wii owners.

Okami was long, but it was one of the few games I stuck with from beginning to end, without getting distracted by other games.

EDIT: Which is more than can be said for many, much shorter games.

I really hope that the Wii port of Okami at least lets you speed up the text during those huge story cutscenes. Having to watch that text be typed out agonizingly slowly, one character at a time, was utterly PAINFUL. And every time a big story scene kicked in, too.