Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

Housewife Superstar

The visual style looks great, but I hope you can choose a househusband too or I already can feel the wrath of feminists...

The visual style looks great, but I hope you can choose a househusband too or I already can feel the wrath of feminists...

I think that in taking all these stereo-typical 60's housewife things not too seriously, they sort of redeem themselves from any feminist wrath.

Don't underestimate the ability of a British mob to jump conclusions without any knowledge of the actual facts, the title itself will probably be enough to rouse the shouts of condemnation from some groups.

The Funniest example of this that I can think of is when a violent anti-paedophile group, roused by the British tabloids, destroyed the office of a paediatrician (for whom there was no accusation that he fiddled with the kiddies). Presumably they read the sign outside office and assumed he was such a brazen kiddie fiddler he was willing to advertise the fact. You have to love the average British person.

But it seems like a game that could be really good fun for the DS, and probably won't get an European release.

The Funniest example of this that I can think of is when a violent anti-paedophile group, roused by the British tabloids, destroyed the office of a paediatrician (for whom there was no accusation that he fiddled with the kiddies). Presumably they read the sign outside office and assumed he was such a brazen kiddie fiddler he was willing to advertise the fact. You have to love the average British person.

Which happened right near where I live (Though please understand I don't live there. Those people are scum of the Earth)

Those people are scum of the Earth

Wait, who? The British? You're gonna have to explain to those of us who don't know your neighbourhood who "Those people" are or I'll have no choice but to assume you hate all British people. Prove me wrong! :shifty:

The general British person is the scum of the earth, there are some really good British people (pretty much all of which life in Brighton ¬¬,) but the average British person is a hideous mishmash of selfishness, stupidity, aggressiveness and coming bottom of every European league table regarding quality of life.

To be fair, those office smashers were a little below average. I am always amazed though at how many grown adults and uni students I meet who can't actually spell. Around the time of the paediatrician thing, I saw an anti-paedophile march with a sign that read "PEDOFILES OUT".

The general British person is the scum of the earth, there are some really good British people (pretty much all of which life in Brighton ¬¬,) but the average British person is a hideous mishmash of selfishness, stupidity, aggressiveness and coming bottom of every European league table regarding quality of life.

Yeah I'd go with that, except for me of course... Being English (or British or whatever it is now) I find it hard to say I hate all British/English people but, well... where I live isn't exactly known for its glamour