Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

Live blogging GDC '07

I think at least 1up will be doing live coverage from the keynotes, as will probably Eurogamer. Other than that there's most likely not going to be any more live stuff since I reckon that the fine folk who run GDC will want to have something exclusive to offer those actually paying.

Erm GDC can't keep people from live blogging. There is wifi everywhere. But it's basically the two keynotes that are worth live blogging anyway. Lectures might be transcribed by people but no one is going to bother posting live updates.

1UP has a bazillion people here. I believe 1UP's Luke Smith and Shane Bettenhausen are going to do some kind of simultanious co-op live blogging of the keynotes. Not sure what that means.

Erm GDC can't keep people from live blogging. There is wifi everywhere. But it's basically the two keynotes that are worth live blogging anyway. Lectures might be transcribed by people but no one is going to bother posting live updates.

I was thinking more along the lines of the GDC being a bit more restrictive with round-table stuff while lectures and keynotes would be fine, but maybe they don't even check that. I know for sure they don't like photography and video capture but that might be it, and I'm certain you know this stuff better than me, what with actually being there and all.

Well you are right in that GDC does want to be the exclusive owner of all the audio and video content (which they can later publish in their podcasts and on GDCTV). So you can't just publish full recordings. I think you're allowed to only show like 5 minutes of footage per session, at least that's what the rule used to be.

Photos are entirely verboten in some workshops and round-tables, I think to keep participation somewhat anonymous.

Transcribing or blogging a session is always cool though.

Does anyone know of a transcript of Tim's opening of GDC? (Or at least, I though he was going to open it?)

Tim presented part of the GDC awards. He was really funny. I believe the whole thing will be up on GameSpot today.

Is there a blog or online diary, news site, podcast or animated gif aggregating interesting video links from GDC? It seems there's a lot of trailers and gameplay videos, but aren't there speeches or whatever being held too? Are those available anywhere?

Ah, I saw the award show yesterday. Tim sounded rather rehearsed, but I guess you can't go all-out for an official ceremony. Quite nice though. Especially when everyone started emulating the Line racer guy that just said ,,WHOOOO!" after winning the award. Haha, especially Miyamoto's attempt at it was fun.