Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Is Odama worth US$38?

Odama never came out in Oz, and I can get the UK version (including microphone) for AU$50, which translates to about US$38. Is this game worth this much, in your opinion? It just looks like a lot of shouting to me. Now, I like shouting as much as the next person, but normally I don't need to pay fifty smackers to do it.

Thoughts?

There's a chance Nintendo will re-release Odama with reworked Wii controls insted of microphone controls. It supposedly works better and is more fun.

So maybe it'd be worth passing on that 50 big ones.

There's a chance Nintendo will re-release Odama with reworked Wii controls insted of microphone controls. It supposedly works better and is more fun.

If they've prototyped it to that extent already, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo announced it for Wii very shortly--especially as the release schedule is all over the place at the moment in terms of pacing. Odama also didn't do very well on GameCube, so Nintendo may want another stab at releasing it anyway.

Looks very cool, being able to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck instead.

And without the screaming? Man I remember seeing people do this while I was at E3, and I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. I really can do without the screaming.

"Left! Left! Go forward! Eat Up Martha!"

If you have a friend in the US, have them check some local Toys-R-Us stores for you. Most of them have the game on clearance and have for some time.

I picked it up a few weeks ago for $5, complete with the Microphone.

Myself and some friends of mine playing Odama:

Donny actually beat the level doing that. Yeah, it's a bit dumb. Still, the game can be quite fun. Don't know about paying $38 for it though. Seems a bit pricey. I've been thinking about picking up my own copy lately as well, but doubt I'd pay more than $30 Canadian for it.

EDIT: The frustrated guy is Russel. He gets like that sometimes. Don't know why.