Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

PS3 SixAxis/rumble U-turn imminent?

It is, kinda.

The point is to forgive those who repent. Are you claiming Sony is showing repentance?

The point is to forgive those who repent. Are you claiming Sony is showing repentance?

Who knows? :P

Anyway, the story can have different meanings. If only one of them is true, I guess it would be yours. It sounds more likely. It's been a while since I read it.

I've never read it, but I believe that's the common interpretation -- the one that is assumed if you make a reference to the story.

The gist of it is this: a guy has two sons. One is a hard worker who stays on the farm and is the best son ever and so on. The other one (the prodigal son) goes to the city, gets drunk, gambles, fucks hookers, etc. The prodigal son goes broke, ends up with nothing, and goes back to his father. The father throws a party and lavishes gifts on the prodigal son, which pisses the first, hard-working son off.

Thus there isn't really any actual repentance involved (the prodigal son returns not because he realizes the error of his ways, but because he has nowhere else to go). The story is about unconditional forgiveness/mercy.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming?