Sign in to follow this  
Salka

The Cure For Cancer

Interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where this research goes. And only a 3 hour drive from my home, no less. Go Alberta!

very interesting, I have an old magic eye book with predictions in it, and the cure for cancer was predicted for 2002 (the book being published in the early '90s)

also, WWIII 2008.. which is kinda scary

That's amazing news. I was waiting for a breakthrough in the fight against cancer! Diseases that no one knows precisely where they come from or how to combat them scare the living shit out of me. Hopefully in a few years, the death toll will be severely cut back, treatment a breeze to go through and no more laborious operations, devastating chemo and long sick- and deathbeds.

Hooray for science!

Haven't checked out the above links yet but I'm reminded of a TEDtalk in which a young researcher had some pretty crazy and interesting ideas on what cancer is and how it can be cured.

http://www.ted.com/tedtalks/tedtalksplayer.cfm?key=e_vertes

Also there's an AMAZING talk there somewhere about how web spiders are used to crawl for signs of epidemics (e.g. in news reports all over the world) and apparently that's how SARS was first detected, way before the WHO etc. did.

Diseases that no one knows precisely where they come from or how to combat them scare the living shit out of me.

And me, yet I still smoke and drink and eat crap. :sad:

Hohum, smoking causes other illnesses besides cancer. Some of them perhaps even worse than cancer? (I don't know what the name of that disease is in English, but in any case it will choke you.)

I don't care what they cure, as long as I get my dialysis machine and they let me die in peace when the time comes (morphine please). Don't want someone telling me that I could 'have 3 years of perfectly normal life in that wheel chair'.