Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

Xbox 360 titles under £16!

Square’s Final Fantasy XI and Ubisoft’s King Kong have hit the lowest-ever price of £15.97 at Tesco’s online store, while triple-A Eidos duo Tomb Raider and Hitman as well as Activision titles Gun and X-Men are available for £17.97.

Full article

Anyone else spotted good game deals lately? And not just in the UK, mind...

I assume that's Tomb Raider Legends and Hitman Blood Money? That's pretty tempting...

Play.com got a January sale going. Same of the games are sold out now though. Still a couple of good deals left. GRAW Xbox 360 for £18 (shipped) or Civ IV: Warloads for £10 (shipped).

Picked up a couple of games there myself. :)

I saw King Kong for the Gamecube here in the Netherlands for a measely 10 Euros. Which is awesome cheap. Hitman: Blood Money for the 360 is about 40 Euros in some stores, so I'm waiting until it drops just a bit more.

I can wait. I don't even have a 360 yet =D

I saw King Kong for the Gamecube here in the Netherlands for a measely 10 Euros. Which is awesome cheap.

I bought King Kong on PC for a truly insignificant £6 in my local Asda just before Christmas.

Not really enjoying it however, but at least I didn't pay the original £35 to find this out. :fart:

I wouldn't mind checking out Final Fantasy on the XBox 360 (see my sig for details!) but I've heard it's the worst version by far... (compared to other formats). Can't imagine how, though?

I bought Lost Planet and Viva Pinata for what converts to a grand total of £48, and that's with shipping from the US. It's still in the mail though. Unfortunately the sale I got it from is no longer available.

Part of it is that region locking on the Xbox is hit and miss. Not all games bother with it, and some lock out one region but allow the game to be played on all others. The Viva Pinata and Lost Planet US versions will play on any not-NTSC-J system. playasia has a handy chart here for future reference.

Do you have a chipped or region 1 Xbox then, to be able to buy those from the US?

The NTSC releases for both games are compatible with PAL 360's. VG+ have a blog where they test new releases for PAL compatibility, which can come in handy. Hopefully they haven't been telling me lies and I'll have something more fun than two DVD-shaped doorstops come next week.

Edit: Yeah Play-Asia works too.