Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Picross DS!

Yeah, there's an algorithm for solving them. Unlike Sudoku, though, I can still play picross and have fun.

You buttockclown! Picross is nothing like Sudoku! Picross is far more interesting. In essence it may be the same, but Picross challenges you in a different way; a more visual way, which immediately makes doing it a lot more appealing than watching the same grid over and over again as with Sudoku.

Also; if that monstrosity were my father, I would have to be locked up in a dungeon. A dungeon that was positioned in the river Styx itself.

Picross is nothing like Sudoku!

Now who's the buttcockclown?! Of course it's like Sudoku! It has a grid, you use lots of elimination techniques to deterministically fill it out correctly.

But if you meant in coolness, you're right.

Oh you silly boys, the buttockclown was obviously aimed at Elmuerte who carelessly threw the games on the same heap. I agree with the rest of you that there may not be a algorithmical difference, but there sure as hell is an... experiental difference!

What!? I just confirmed that picross is like sudoku w.r.t. :

Sudoku addicted me for a short while, until I realised solving them was just a dumb, brute force process of checks rather than something requiring much mental agility.

I like both picross and sudoku, actually picross is more interesting because it's not always the same puzzle. But it is always the same principle when it comes to solving them. Just like most other single player puzzles.

Hmm... how about a sudoku picross crossover?

Man, I missed the whole middle part there, what with mocking my lineage and whatnot. Here's something for you though: Though I'm Canadian, I'm first generation. My father was from Ipswitch, Australia. Figure that shit out now!

Also, picross rocks but I've had the japanese version for forever. Worth rebuying for any newness?