Sign in to follow this  
Aussie Ben

Picross DS!

The puzzles are saved to the cart. I know this, because the Wi-Fi is set up on my wonky DS (which I struggled through to download the extra packs), and then I played them on the other, working DS. I imagine that there's a set limit you can download though, because you can erase the packs if you don't want them. The packs also are a throwback to the original Mario's Picross - they have the music from the GB game, and the presentation from the Japanese SNES version.

It was recently released in America. Sooo fun, although the NOA servers don't seem to have any downloadable puzzles yet.

Interestingly, some of the puzzles were "localised". There's pictures of beer and wine in the Japanese version which got replaced with other more family friendly images for the English version. Booo.

Hmm, surprisingly I haven't bought this game yet. I was very excited, and then suddenly it was released and I was meh about it. Stranger that fiction!

Could've also been the tidal wave of other good games of course.

. I've had to borrow my mum's DS (which has primarily been used for Brain Training and Phoenix Wright), .

incredibly strong mental image of nicole kidman playing brain training...oh deadly she's australian! is your mum nicole kidman?

Surprisingly, no! Although she did buy my brother a BMX Bandits picture story book when we were younger - does that help?

Allow me to show my sophistication and knowledge of Irish culture: is your dad Peter Corry?

well i had to google peter corry so....nope! although he is rather dashing isn't he? the hunt for jo's patronage continues? where're you from rodi, so that i can make humourous suggestions about who's ur da?

I'm a Dutchman. Let's see who you can come up with, because apart from Paul Verhoeven there aren't many other extravagantly worldfamous Dutchies.

dutchmen eh? i actually lived in amsterdam when i was tiny. how about....is that little boy who stuck his finger in the dyke (heh heh) your dad? no? audrey hepburn? noted psychologist beatrice de gelder? phd student jan van den stock? he must be it. he has the most dutch name out of them all.

I'm a Dutchman. Let's see who you can come up with, because apart from Paul Verhoeven there aren't many other extravagantly worldfamous Dutchies.

What about the Flying One, hmm ?

Audrey Hepburn is DUTCH? She certainly doesn't sound like it. The boy who stuck his finger in the dyke (and wouldn't we all want to do that at some point in our lives?) is called Hansje Brinker and he is, how shall I put it, imaginary at best. An urban legend, I believe. If he were my dad, that would make me ephemeral to a certain extent.

Try out Erasmus next, and see if I can resist the temptation of refuting.

[ADDED]: Toblix; YES. 2 Unlimited is/are my father! You win the internet!

Famke Jansen could have been a nice bet. And your dad could have been rutger Hauer?

how about Edsger Dijkstra?

and there are of course quite some people to pick from the pool of Dutch people chasing a ball on a large lawn

Rodi you're ruining the game! you're supposed to know your parentage! i give up. its probably miffy. and miffy is canadian so his father is clearly mike myers.

Miffy's father is absolutely the guy from Monty Python's Lumberjack Song. Cause, he's so okay, you know!

So that's where your fascination from suspenders and bra comes from ... the hate toward the corporation of clowns remains a mystery to me though.

More like Tim Curry in Rocky Horror. So you got caught with a flat, well... how 'bout that?

aieee! :tdown:

Okay, now that's said, I actually have a question about Picross DS.

Sudoku addicted me for a short while, until I realised solving them was just a dumb, brute force process of checks rather than something requiring much mental agility.

Is Picross the same, or a better class of puzzle?