Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi. I'm new. :yep:

The long quick intro:

I don't generally consider myself "A Gamer," mostly because I don't have the time. The last "marathon" session I had was playing Mass Effect for 5 hours straight back in July. Sad? Yes, I know it is. What's even sadder is the fact I didn't even get off the Citadel. (I'm what you might call a Back to the Future Gamer. I play stuff that was cool 4 years ago.)

I'm a full time Graphic Designer (another sadly: at a newspaper) and spend all day in front of a computer, so I generally like anything game/computer/electronic/technology related. I'm married and my wife and I just had our first kid in August. Luckily for me, my wife is into games as well. (We've played most of the way through Guild Wars, I had to buy her a Wii, and she's currently rolling through Boom Blox)

A coworker of mine turned me onto the podcast back in December, and now that I'm current... I figured the IdleForums would be a good place to hang out whilst waiting for the next installment. . .

Speaking of which, due to Episode 14, I woke up this morning and the Legend of Zelda opening theme has been stuck in my head all day. How that's related? I don't know, but I blame the Thumbs. :grin:

Welcome, dude. I wish I had a gaming partner as well. Sadly, (hey, now I'm doing it) she gets dizzy whenever things jump to 3D. Sega Genesis emulation on the Wii is good, all else, not so much. At least we get some marathon Streets of Rage sessions in.

Don't feel bad about the Back to the Future thing. I'd say most of us are in a perpetual state of catch-up. For a gaming forum, I get the impression that our median age is really high, and as such we don't seem to have as much time.

Back to the Future Gamer.

Hi, and what an excellent way to put it. I think I'm in the same boat.

Welcome, dude. I wish I had a gaming partner as well.

I'm pretty lucky in that. My wife loves certain games. She's almost made it through both KOTOR's, Spore, a few Sims. . . heck, she even played split screen Halo with me one time. :hah:

I definitely got a keep-her. The trouble now, is finding quality titles for Wii. Her laptop won't keep up with modern games.

DO YOU WISH YOU HAD A GAMING PARTNERS!

and also you have GTA IV on Xbox 360

(and an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold membership)

Why not join the weekly Grand Thumb Auto? It's clean and wholesome fun for a couple of hours once a week. You get to:

• Play GTA IV with people who don't call you a fag.

:tup::tup::tup::buyme:COME JOIN US:buyme::tup::tup::tup:

Disclaimer: Though we don't call you a fag, there is a 90% chance Wrestlevania will call you a monkey.

I definitely got a keep-her. The trouble now, is finding quality titles for Wii. Her laptop won't keep up with modern games.

There are always classics.

gog.com and steam (I guess) sell classics that should work on XP and Vista machines.

There are always classics.

gog.com and steam (I guess) sell classics that should work on XP and Vista machines.

I will look into those (I haven't really PC gamed since I got my 360 last year). It's not that her Lappy is a slouch... it's the integrated video card that kills game performance. I'm sure there's more games I can find that she can get into.

Hello all. My name is Aon and I'm to be your new member for the day.

I'm a teenage FPS junkie and I'm hoping this community will be arrogant and elitist enough to suit my internet larger community needs. So please treat me kindly and continue offering more intelligent discussion than the average GAF thread.

Don't feel bad about the Back to the Future thing. I'd say most of us are in a perpetual state of catch-up. For a gaming forum, I get the impression that our median age is really high, and as such we don't seem to have as much time.

(Best Omar voice) Indeed

W-w-w-weird?! I'll have you know, young wo/man, that the Streets of Rage music is still my favourite Video game soundtrack to this day! "Weird" indeed...

Oh, and hello! :grin:

Hi, I have been listening to the podcast the last few days and really enjoy it. Seems to be pretty in line with a lot of my thinking on games, such as a deep love and appreciation of quick time events. I play games, mostly wow recently but I also have a 360 and PS3.

Howdy folks.

I've only started listening to Idle Thumbs for the past two weeks, but I've caught up on all the episodes so far. I dabble in games journo here and there (Blend Games, GameSpite, a very brief stint on 1up) and I'm currently working on a novel; but hey, isn't everybody?

Anyway, I look forward to hanging out with the community here. You guys seem like rad dudes.

In a thread at NeoGAF (the UGO buying 1up thread) one of the people who was on 1up yours recommended Idle Thumbs so I checked it out. Joined this site after listening to episode 13 (first episode i downloaded) and it seems to be a good community.

Love the show a lot, easily one of the best gaming podcasts.

Hello!

I've played video games for a long time (dating back to SimCity and Oregon Trail growing up) casually on the PC, but I finally bought a console this fall. Favorites so far have been Portal, Bioshock, and Fallout 3; most disappointing game was GTA IV (it's good, but it doesn't live up to the hype at all).

If anyone has suggestions for good games for the Xbox 360, please send them my way.

I think you need more Thumb in your Grand Autos--then come back and say it's rubbish. :tup:

The multiplayer looks like wacky fun; I was referencing the whole "Oscar-worthy script" hype that made me buy it in the first place. However, there are enough people shitting on GTA IV these days, so I'll refrain from making a long post about it. I just may have you join you guys in GTA IV sometime.

Hi Freezerr... I think you should investigate "Braid".

Braid is very fun. However, some of the puzzle pieces stumped me and so I gave up for a bit. I felt like my (lack of) platforming skills and experience made the game very hard, especially on world 6 (with the time-bending ring).

The multiplayer looks like wacky fun; I was referencing the whole "Oscar-worthy script" hype that made me buy it in the first place. However, there are enough people shitting on GTA IV these days, so I'll refrain from making a long post about it. I just may have you join you guys in GTA IV sometime.

In seriousness, I did take you to mean the single player being a let-down. I loved it myself, but I'm not going to squabble about it or anything pointless like that. Thumbs is the best gaming forum I've come across for agreeing to disagree. :tup:

I hope you - and any other new members - can join one of our GTA IV multiplayer sessions some time. :yep:

...that's assuming you find the idea of a grenade-peppered ice-cream truck race appealing, of course.

Sup,

I've been listening to the podcast for a few months now (albeit I'm still behind a few episodes). I'm an avid gamer in his twenties who is also avidly married.

I play a lot of EVE-Online (read - 99% of my free time/it's a second job) while playing other games that come along on the side. Lots of L4D with interwebs friends, used to be a lot of DOTA before I pissed them all off with my awfulness.

I've got a 360, but I don't play it enough as I should as PC is and always will be my primary source for gaymes. Right now it's acting as a glorified Netflix player (I was rudely interrupted from getting through Fable 2 by FO3 on my PC).

I also have an iPhone which I've enjoyed using as a gaming platform as well, even if most of the time its a quick game of solitaire while dropping a deuce.

I work as an Electrical Engineer at a consulting firm and mainly design power utility substations.

That about does it. I really enjoy the podcast and look forward to talking games with peeps here.