Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Yeah, I've seen quite a bit of Kenny vs Spenny. Not really my thing most of the time, but occasionally bloody hilarious. Mostly what I find Canadian TV does really well is the darker, deadpan comedy stuff. The Newsroom is one of my favorite shows. It's a genre that doesn't require a big budget and compared to the American TV that we're subjected to all the time, is incredibly intelligent and genuinely witty. If you have the means to check it out, I'd say you should go for it.

Also, if you want to continue talking about stuff like that, we do have a thread for it, so feel free.

Koyaanisqatsi...well yeah, I've been wanting to see this before the GTA4 trailer, because it was in the "1001 movies to see before you die". I catched it on the World Movie Channel (Best Movie channel, I also saw Reqieum for a Dream and Y tu mamá también UNCUT!), I also been what it would be like in HD, but some people don't recommend it as it get rid of the overall Environmental message by upping the picture quality.

As for sharp, witty shows about about mocking politics, there's this show we have called "Chaser's War on Everything", here's the link...Try and navigate to the Chaser's, you can download them for free.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/video/downloads.htm#top

get rid of the overall Environmental message by upping the picture quality.

What... how?? Must some outrageous picture quality.

I'm just wondering how the fuck HD (comparable to original quality at cinemas) somehow takes away a movie's environmental message. Maybe the extra pixels vaporize into CO2 after watching the movie.

Well what I think it's maybe takes away how ugly the urban environment is in some shots, some of the footage is stock footage from NASA, various government launching nuclear bombs, falling buildings footage, looks mostly from the 50's and 60's....

Not to interupt whatever it is you're talking about but, uh, hi! Lurked a bit, nice forum you have here. I'll make sure to keep my shoes off the furniture.

Hello!

So now, I'm the new person, reason enough to post here (hopefully).

I first came to this site via a link on Grumpy Gamer and found the article that was linked to - I cannot remember which one, sadly - pretty insightful (I guess. Not that I actually remember). Came back to read more of the articles (its a way to avoid work!), and read a topic of this forum here and there. Finally decided to join.

I've tried to do a little game development as a hobby, and have even finished a few minigames, but I'm by no means an expert at the field (currently only working with one of those "development toolkits" - tried to make my own once, but nowadays, I just don't have the time for that and rather spend it on trying out ideas, despite the fact that all the cool kids will now point and laugh at me for using a premade engine.)

So again, hello! :)

I've tried to do a little game development as a hobby, and have even finished a few minigames, but I'm by no means an expert at the field

Good, you'll fit right in. :fart:

Hello! I'm new, in case you hadn't noticed. I live in the UK, which is an exciting little island obscured by a relentless cloud of drizzle. I like electronic computer games.

Hello Tong (and other recent arrivals)! You seem strangely at home here. This probably means that we will never ever let you leave.

I actually had to check the join date on your profile when reading your posts in other threads to make sure you were actually new and I wasn't just a jerk for not remembering you from a while ago. So yeah, you'll do very well. Welcome.

Thanks to many, many cans of Red Bull and my desperation to avoid the essay on 1840s sewage (Imperial sewage, don't you know) I will have to spend all night writing, I've just about managed to overcome the fear instilled in me by the 'Guide to Joining' thread!

Wrestlevania sent me a link, and...here I am.

I tried playing Halo 2 once, but it didn't go very well - even though I very strategically named my character Lars. Other than that, I sort of live in England and enjoy child-friendly games where death/injuries, if they exist at all, are totally unrealistic. Hi! :)

Sounds good. Child-friendly games have some weird appeal that can be hard to explain and I denied between the ages of 13 and 17, but now I'm definitely with you in support of them. Welcome aboard.

Wrestlevania sent me a link, and...here I am.

CLARIFICATION: Verohari's an intern where I work and we play GH with a couple of others in the conference room most Friday's after work; she is far too good in far too short a period of time. :shifty:

(I'm also teaching her the finer points of HTML, CSS, SVN and how to bitch about the design department.)

Anyway, I badgered her to read Thumbs and hop aboard.