Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Not really, until that little gif appeared I thought it was a clip of the poor man having a heart attack ;(

Hello everyone :o

Welcome to the thumbs. Out of curiosity, how did you find this place? (And don't say "googling 'pokemon friends codes'" or trying to score HL2 from total strangers.)

Edit: Oh. That was fast. :shifty:

Out of curiosity, your gamercard shows you playing the Orange Box on 360, so why are you requesting games you already own?

Now then everybody. Found this place through a small article in the back of a pc games mag., talking about the multiplayer text adventures. So I joined.

Now then everybody. Found this place through a small article in the back fo a pc games mag, talking about the multiplayer text adventures. So I joined.

Interesting. I guessed it was because of the recent praise Remo (of Chris) gave Thumbs' text adventure forum in a very recent ShackCast.

Just out of curiosity, care to name the magazine?

UK PC Gamer (Dec), p. 111, top left. Nachimir gets a name check when he gets everyone killed by a grue. :):woohoo:

Out of curiosity, your gamercard shows you playing the Orange Box on 360, so why are you requesting games you already own?

A friend lended it to me and I lended him halo 3 for about 2 weeks, it was pretty fun :D

Fair enough. My copy is unclaimed as of yet, and you do seem to be making an honest attempt at fitting in on the forums rather than simply spamming the giveaway thread. Keep it up and I may rethink my position on people joining just for the games.

Bah, I'm sure there's someone here who doesn't care if you've just joined for the games. I know if I'd picked up the Orange Box that I wouldn't give a monkey's.

werd123....

- From a town called Gunnedah, Australia. I can see that this forum consist of many people from UK/England/Europe. Unlike many of you who might have broadband, because of the greedy dickheads at Telstra, most Australians have to endure Dial-Up at 5 kb's/second or expensive broadband that doesn't really make a difference at 22kb's/second with download limits. I heard most dial-up connections in America were 22kb's/second and the Broadband was 4Mb's/second, I thought "I wish I was there".

- But then again, US of A is a dangerous place at the moment and there isn't as many ignorant people in Australia (Or anywhere else) then there is in the USA. So for now I'll deal with the slow dial-up.

- Currently doing Year 12, one more year of school to go and...umm...not much really. Want I want to do in life is become a film maker, which if I want to do might have to give up a gamer.

-Favorite Games: Half-Life 2, Doom, Super Mario Bros (Any Mario Bros game, I want a Wii for Galaxy), Diablo 1 and 2, Tony Hawk's Pro Skate 2-4, Double Dragon 2, Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), Guitar Hero, Grim Fandango and Max Payne 2.

Decent list there, good variety. I'll admit to including the earlier Tony Hawk games among my guilty pleasures, and including Grim Fandango in there either means that you'll fit in fine or you really want to and have done your research. Don't see why you'd need to give up gaming to make films. Most of the people I know who work in film (cameramen, costume designers, the odd actor/writer/director, but they're mostly small-time Canadian) manage to fit in whatever other hobby they want. Quite a few are avid gamers. Some act as well as preform in bands. Others spend hours a day painting. Hobbies don't often seem to be that hurt by the film industry in my experience. I don't follow your logic in needing to forsake one for the other.

Anyway, hi. Welcome. Etc.

Yeah, I only managed to play Grim Fandango a year ago, I don't know if this has happened in the US or UK, but Lucusarts over here recently re-released all the old adventures like Sam & Max, Full Throttle (Which I already had the original copy lying around) with XP/Vista support. I really like the game, as with other Adventure games I doubt the replayability, but the first time playing was such as great experience. The best part was the love story, I wasn't too hollow but at the same time it wasn't sappy.

5e3f_1.JPG

Not as good as getting the rare-first print with the original print, but it'll do.

And good to hear about havign enough time to have a hobby, and considering your Canadian, would you have heard of a little show called "Kenny VS Spenny"? Favourite show to watch in the morning.

EDIT: And another thing, would anyone know a program to change a 1024 by 628 into a little avatar picture? Thanks.

Excellent taste sir.

GIMP is an open-source image manipulation tool. It's not quite as user-friendly as Photoshop, but it's nearly as powerful and won't cost you a bucket of cash. Or any cash.

GIMP is an open-source image manipulation tool. It's not quite as user-friendly as Photoshop,[...]

bah.. humbug

Anyway, there's also irfanview, Paint.Net, etc.

Yeah, I'd personally recommend Paint.NET to average Windows users who don't need the bulletproof Photoshop.

http://www.getpaint.net/

It's not that it's better than GIMP, and I don't use either myself, but Paint.NET is definitely easier for people used to the Windows GUI to get used to and be productive with.

Out of all the free image editing software I'd say it has the most potent combination of power and usability. GIMP has power, but the GUI really isn't great (something that perpetually never seems to be fixed).

Koyaanisqatsi! I've been wanting to see that for a while now. Actually, this will be the only time I admit it, but I was inspired to see it after the first GTA4 trailer :getmecoat simply because I hadn't heard about it before.