Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

I'm a student at the Univ. of Kentucky. I just started Wii Play and am working hard at getting medals with the little amount of free time that I do have. I was interested in these threads because I'm tired of having no one in my mii parade.

Awww :) Hopefully you'll get some paraders from here, but be prepared for the odd ET, JB or li'l Hitler :P

I'm still proudest of Olaf, my viking. Apparently he's getting around too. A friend went over to one of his buddies' places and saw Olaf on his Wii. How exactly this guy that I've never heard of got ahold of my viking I have no idea, but the fact that he was this dude's favorite Mii makes me proud. go forth, tiny pixelated viking, and conquer Wiis everywhere in the name of Miffy!

Never saw Spiderman 2. They CGIed up Doc Oc? Weird. I may need to check that out just to see how they did it. Anyway, hi. Good to have you and all that. And how is Loom inappropriate for anybody? It takes some brainpower, sure. But where's the inappropriate? Thinking: approved for all ages.

yeah its really weird. i mean, not totally realistic, just creepy. re loom, just too hard for lil me! read this fantastic quote somewhere that said that games should be pleasantly frustrating. if its too frustrating, its not playable. like monkey island used to reduce me to tears when it first came out! now i can play thru a fine lucasarts product in a couple of hours.

in conclusion, jo: cleverer now than she was twelve years ago.

if i were an ugly bald pirate with an interesting hat i would answer that question with aplomb. but i'm not and as such i can't remember what exactly he says. and i'm not about to internerd up the exact quote. so in conclusion i will say, george lucas (and to a much greater extent his developing minions) ROCKS!!!

George Lucas stopped rocking around the time he came up with the prequel trilogy and Lucasarts put out a vendetta on adventure games.

oh come on, hayden christensen screaming "nooooooooo" is cinematic GOLD!

and for spawning the original lucasarts stable, mr lucas will always rock.no matter what transgressions he may make in the interim.

No, I expect the majority feeling here is that Georgie-boy has fallen from grace, much like his charcter Anakin. He was seduced by the evil Emperor of Massive Profit from Low Investment.

No, I expect the majority feeling here is that Georgie-boy has fallen from grace, much like his charcter Anakin. He was seduced by the evil Emperor of Massive Profit from Low Investment.

"Majority feeling"? what is this, the playground? to be perfectly honest I can't see the point of a forum where one person deems it necessary to shoot down counter-opinions with an expression like that. More to the point, obviously he has fallen from grace.

That's why I called them transgressions.

Get it?

"Majority feeling"? what is this, the playground? to be perfectly honest I can't see the point of a forum where one person deems it necessary to shoot down counter-opinions with an expression like that. More to the point, obviously he has fallen from grace.

That's why I called them transgressions.

Get it?

Err.. I wasn't shooting down your opinion, just expressing an opposing one. The "majority" bit was an observation and from where I stand, a true one. Most people here do dislike Lucas now. I was replying to you shooting down someone elses opinion about Lucas not rocking. So what? No need to get so defensive already.

But I do not think one can simultaneously fall from grace and continue to rock. Rock implies grace :)

I'm just semi-new, but I never said 'Hi', so here it goes: Hi.

My post-count indicates that I don't have that much new to say. Most of the time someone else already made the point I might had to add. But sometimes I have a question or some stupid one-liner. Especially at times university breathes down my neck.

I like this forum for its tone and wit, it's basically the only forum I frequent.

oh, and I have a wee, but haven't found its number or the add-option

You should be simultaneously shot and applauded for that.

can i clarify that i hate filmmaker george lucas? i just like lucasarts. there's a world of difference. and dan, to be fair i was actually joking about the "NOOOOOO" thing. i forgot that sarcasm doesn't do too well in times new roman or whatever the hell this is.

as for the double post, my finger slipped. :eek:

This is me, saying hi, I guess! Registered after lurking for a while, mostly to make a comment in the Prince of Persia Classic thread.

My gaming background goes a little something like this:

The early years:

2600 - TI-99 - C64 - 8086 (where I first played Rogue, and Below the Root, and others)

More C64 - NES - Amiga - PC

...and then it becomes a haze of Genesis (+power base converter!), SNES, and later 3d0 with a smattering of Jaguar (not mine), and all the more recent platforms you might imagine.

So, I guess you could say I like games...?

Hello, I've made a few posts already but I've been lurking for quite a long time. Not at all in a weird, stalker-like fashion, you understand.

Anyway, I stumbled upon this image a while back. The thumbnail immediately stood out because I too have that mug - I went to the same primary school.

showimage.php?id=1296

I reckon I would have been in Year 4 at the start of 1993. :oldman: So whose mug is it?

PS So you all love me I shall now admit that Psychonauts is one of my favourite games, hooray :yep:

Hello there,

this place looks like an interesting place to hang around :)

I'm aeryxz (pronounced erics), and I am from Sydney Australia. /wave

Welcome and welcome!

We get a bit passionate around these 'ere parts, but our bark is worse than our bite. Usually... :D