Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Yelloooo

Finally decided to stop lurking. Been a reader since Idle Thumbs 185: Beppo's Hole. You may know me from the GameShow email on the most recent Important if True, an email explaining what Splatfests are from the Danielle era, or making disparaging comments about Janelle's taste in sandwiches during Nick's DS1 stream. 

My graduate work keeps me pretty busy so I'll never have the time to become the super-involved-community guy I've always wanted to be with you fantastic thumbs people, but I'll pop in discussions and streams every now and again.

I promise not to send in any more philosophy problems that derail the podcast and make Jake mad.

Because Jake is cool and deserves his happiness.

I've been listening to Idle Thumbs on and off since probably 2012-13? Never signed up to post until the Twin Peaks season 3 return. Been a big fan of the Thumbs guys for years though and it's nice to see such a thoughtful and seemingly kind community. I'm a big UFC/NBA fan and I've played guitar and the mallets for 10 years.

Hello...thumbers? Idle-thumb enthusiasts? Whatever you might call this community, I'm happy to at last join the forums after a few years of listening to the podcasts. 

I'm one of those insane individuals that has decided to be an indie game developer, and I'm hoping I'll find good company under the umbrella of idle thumbs. Looking forward to getting to know other listeners and posting some projects of my own. 

Also, the captcha to join the forums was one of the silliest word combos I've come across. Seems fitting for this place. 

IdleThumbsForumcaptcha.tiff

Hey, folks

I  found your friendly community on the internet and thought “wow, I must join it!” So, here I am. 

Realy don’t know, what should I say here… I’m just a 2D-artist in a small indie studio. Yep, I’m also one of those insane individuals, that desided to join gamedev ;) I’m hoping, I can find some mates here to talk  with and share some projects and ideas.

P.S. Big fan of postapocalypse,  RPG-games, strategy-games, rock and metal music, and good books.

I've finally decided to make an account! Been a reader since 2009! When I was 12, wow... I am a fulltime technology coordinator for a highschool on Cape Cod. On the side I've self-published writing and some comics and have always been working on making various video games! I love adventure video games with all my heart. I adore everything about this podcast network and feel it's time to become an active part of it's forum! 

Read that, saying high. I'm a (not so) recent graduate who just cut the chord on a year of soul-destroying jobs. Am now trying to write, and possibly learn to make games if I can find any sort of footing on that particular learning curve.

Looking forward to being idle and/or thumblike with you all. 

Thought I would say hey, been following the thumbs for a while now and thought there might be a community to get involved with here. So hey. 

Hi, all!

I've been listening to back log of Idle Thumbs (playing catch up), staying up to date with Important if True and commenting ineffectively at the dashboard through my commutes.  I hope this is more fulfilling. At least it'll give me an out to watching more repeat documentary.  I know "How it's Made", I can guess "What on Earth" it is but I'm always open to recommendations for new data sources.  I hope the collective here can help me out.  If the audience is anything like the podcast source, I look forward to the interaction!

Hello,

I was looking for nicer forums to frequent and someone recommended this one to me.

Didn't even know it was related to podcasts. I guess I have some new shows to add to my podcast feed now.

13 minutes ago, Saltimbanco said:

Hello,

I was looking for nicer forums to frequent and someone recommended this one to me.

Didn't even know it was related to podcasts. I guess I have some new shows to add to my podcast feed now.

Cheers! Welcome! It is indeed nicer here.

Hello,

I'm Dennis. Been a reader for a few years. Finally decided to check out the forums. This seems like one of the better communities out there.

Looking forward to talking about games and films.

Hi! My name is Ali. I've been a reader for 3 years ish now, and am just now poking my head in the community. I'm very much in the Waypoint Community, so I've seen a handful of faces I recognize, but a lot of folx I don't too. I'll be glad to get to know you <3

Welcome! I follow Waypoint, but don't have the time/patience to engage with more than one forum, so just hang here. Pretty sure there'd be a lot of overlap, whether you recognize the names or not.

Hey all!

Long time listener, first time semi-anonymous forum entity. I'm Emma, I'm 26, and I live in Newcastle, England. I would say I'm into video games, but my general approach to playing tends to be me trying to break things, or make the protagonists somehow kiss NPCs. I'm currently overly into Final Fantasy 15 (for all it's flaws), but I like a bit of everything (Fez, Dark Souls, Lucky Dog 1...). I'm into cognitive sciences, and also write for a popular science education channel.

This is a gosh darn lovely forum you have here, and I look forward to speaking to you all.

Hello Forums.

My name is Jake, which makes talking about one of our fine hosts often feel very strange.

I can no longer remember the episode of Idle Thumbs to which I first listened, but I know it was somewhere between 200 and 230. Man, that was a great theme song.

I always loved Idle Thumbs, and I'm currently waiting my way through the entire backlog (UltraBoost®), but somehow our boys managed to create an even more enjoyable show in Important If True, I love it.

For the first time since I became a listener, I was finally able to do what Chris has asked of me so many times: Tell a friend. I introduced my wife to the show a couple of months ago. She can't make the time to listen every single week, but she's been enjoying it more and more as time has gone on.

I am twenty-one years old, and I can say I've spent a very large portion of that time playing video games.

My All-Time-Favorite is Nuclear Throne, followed by Metroid: Zero Mission and Minecraft.

I don't know why it took me so long to finally join these Forums, but I'm looking forward to conversing with you fine folk.

If you're reading this, I hope you have an excellent day.

~Jake

Hello there,
I'm new here.

I'm a fairly new listener, since September last year, and I'm currently trawling my way backwards through the archives (I've got as far as ep. 200).
I'm in my 30s and only recently got back into games after abandoning them at university (so I could study harder). I pretty quickly then started to try and make some games, without the necessary experience. 
Hugs.