Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Welcome! Always fun to see new folks roll in for wizard jam.

If you don't mind me asking, is the podcast you used to run still online anywhere? I listen to far too many of them, and am always up for more. :P

1 hour ago, SuperBiasedMan said:

Welcome! Always fun to see new folks roll in for wizard jam.

If you don't mind me asking, is the podcast you used to run still online anywhere? I listen to far too many of them, and am always up for more. :P

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I totally don’t mind! The podcast is still running but there’s a catch… it’s completely in Italian. It’s called Fumble and we were the first podcast to bring live-play in Italy. If you have some Italian skills, I’m pretty sure you would enjoy it. We played a bit of everything (Pathfinder, D&D, Edge of the empire, Dungeon World…), usually with the silliness of a Monty Python movie.

Ah, unfortunately I have no italian. That sounds really fun though! If I ever finish learning Swedish and move onto new languages I'll remember this. :P

Greetings!

I'm a long-time listener of the Idle Thumbs Podcast (and more recently Idle Weekend 'cause Danielle leaving made me sad) and I've finally taken the plunge and joined the forums :D

Actually, I could have sworn I already signed up, but apparently not, so here we are!
I was born (citation required) and raised on a Nintendo 64 and eventually found my way to Halo. I like games, nature and music.
Let's be friends?

Also, I totally want to overwhelm myself and join the Idle Santa AND Wizard Jam this year 0.0'

I made this account a couple months ago to yell at people who put ketchup on pizza.  

Been a thumbs fan for probably two years now? I think? I know that I Am Suspicious of Myself was one of the first ones I heard, not the very first but what got me really hooked. 

Oh yeah, I guess I should actually say hi. Yo. Hello. 

22 hours ago, HemiRobo said:

Been a thumbs fan for probably two years now? I think? I know that I Am Suspicious of Myself was one of the first ones I heard, not the very first but what got me really hooked. 

I knew I liked Idle Thumbs when Chris used "salacious" in a sentence and Sean said he couldn't hear that word without "crumb" following it.

On 16/11/2016 at 3:31 AM, HemiRobo said:

I made this account a couple months ago to yell at people who put ketchup on pizza.  

Oh yeah, I guess I should actually say hi. Yo. Hello. 

People put ketchup on pizzas?!

Point me in the direction of the yelling, friend :)

1 hour ago, Cure4thitch said:

It was a dumb extension of a conversation we were having in the Slack. Probably should have mentioned I've been on the  IT

1 hour ago, Cure4thitch said:

Slack for a decent bit of time. 

I accidentally embedded my post on the thread and don't seem to be able to remove it. 

EDIT - I have no idea what happened to this post. 

@Zzot  Holy Hell! I do not even speak Italian but your show is still enjoyable! Props on doing video!

Hello,

I did it, I finally joined. Not sure why though, I don't have a lot to say in general. Started playing Hitman on Xbox One, cool game. I enjoy the vampire magician costume and drowning people in toilets, but who doesn't?

Hey everyone, MisterP here.

I started listening to the Idle Thumbs podcast earlier this year, and the forums sounded like a pretty rad place to hang out.

I grew up playing video games pretty much all the time (NES to Gamecube, mostly), then stopped for some reason once I got my first grownup job after college.  Fast-forward 10 years, add a wife, two kids, and much more evening time spent at home and I'm getting back into the life.

I have slowly been catching up on a lot of games from the last decade, largely playing on the PC and PS4.  Mostly these days I am playing Overwatch terribly and shorter games like Limbo, Portal, etc.  Looking forward to participating in the community!

Hello people!

I've been listening to Thumbs since they came back in 2012 and are now finally making a personal push to start frequenting the forums as well as listening to the casts. I've heard so many nice things about you folks so I've had it in the back of my mind to start visiting this place for ages now, but I never really got around to it for various reasons. Mainly because I'm garbage and are really REALLY bad at making new habits in my online life.

Any way, I'm looking forward to hanging around and talk about stuff :)

/F

oh I just found this thread.

Long time listener. My wife and I use "sly boots" often in conversation with strangers. I like games. I'm not sure what else to say. Hello!

Hey all! I have just started listening to the podcast and so far I really enjoy it! I come from a long history of video games, sports and failing at podcasts. A couple friends of mine and I tried starting one up, but unfortunately life got the best of us and we couldn't continue it. 

I look forward to hanging around the community here!

Greetings! 

I'm here after being consistently blown away by the reader mail on Idle Thumbs. I consider it an honor and a privilege to be a part of any community that produces such insightful stories and questions. I also hope to bring more weird to the Wizard Jam. 

Cheers

Hi everyone!

I'm a relatively new listener to the Thumbs casts, but I've been enjoying them so much since finding them that I figured I'd check out the forums. (Joel, if you read this, thank you for shitposting at one of the Thumbs hosts a year ago and leading me down the podcast rabbit hole!) 

I'm looking forward to engaging you all in many great and fruitful conversations, into each of which I am going to awkwardly shoehorn in a sidebar about the Commodore 64, Earth's finest microcomputer and gaming platform.

Cheers!

Hi everyone! 

I've been listening to the Idle Thumbs shows and the new Important if true for a while now, and I thought it about time I joined the community! 

I'm a 27 year old aspiring game developer with experience in web development who currently lives in Minnesota! I'm excited to talk to some great people here and make some connections! 

I started taking classes in game development at Minnesota School of Business/Globe University before their campuses were shutdown by a lawsuit. I'm currently in the process of assessing my choices for future education whether it be formal or self education. I'd love on the job education but no one ever wants to hire such a noob! The struggle is real. Lol

Hello!

I'm here to talk about technology and video games. I repair consumer electronics professionally. I'm also socially awkward. I have nothing unique to contribute to any conversation, but think it may be fun to be here anyways.

7 hours ago, CarpetScooter said:

I have nothing unique to contribute to any conversation, but think it may be fun to be here anyways.

Wishbone!