Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi everyone

I like to eat pizza, drink beer, and play games. When I'm not doing any of those things, I am trying to make my own games, or I am at work programming.

I haven't been a member of a proper forum in like 15 years, so I am hoping I like this place as much as I do the different pods.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone

I like to eat pizza, drink beer, and play games. When I'm not doing any of those things, I am trying to make my own games, or I am at work programming.

I haven't been a member of a proper forum in like 15 years, so I am hoping I like this place as much as I do the different pods.

Have a great day!

Do you have a link to any of your games?

Hey everyone,

Swede who moved to SF about a year ago and simultaneously got hooked on the Idle podcasts. Finally joined because it seems you have a bunch of fun here!

Hey, been listening to the podcast for a while. Always like to hear insights about the latest releases, even if I don't end up playing them. Thought I'd join the forum and get involved. Pleased to see there's a UK contingent of Thumbs fans too!

Also posting to say I am not a robot. *Distant sound of bees*

Hey there,

Been a Thumbs reader since Ep.141 but never got around to actually joining the forums. Occasionally the urge to post something would build up inside me, then subside before I could be bothered creating an account. But when the opportunity arose to post something from The Neverhood soundtrack in the latest episode thread, I knew I couldn't resist.

I hail from New Zealand and (when I'm not truckin' round a simulation of Europe or trying to run old shoddy FMV games) I'm a part-time actor. Mostly semi-professional theatre work but I was once in a local TV series that ended up screening on the SyFy channel in the US.

I tend to be more of a lurker than an active participant, but I'll pop up here and there. Even if I don't end up contributing too much, I have to say that I do appreciate this place. It's a nice forum you've got here.

Hey there,

Been a Thumbs reader since Ep.141 but never got around to actually joining the forums. Occasionally the urge to post something would build up inside me, then subside before I could be bothered creating an account. But when the opportunity arose to post something from The Neverhood soundtrack in the latest episode thread, I knew I couldn't resist.

I hail from New Zealand and (when I'm not truckin' round a simulation of Europe or trying to run old shoddy FMV games) I'm a part-time actor. Mostly semi-professional theatre work but I was once in a local TV series that ended up screening on the SyFy channel in the US.

I tend to be more of a lurker than an active participant, but I'll pop up here and there. Even if I don't end up contributing too much, I have to say that I do appreciate this place. It's a nice forum you've got here.

The Neverhood is a great reason to do anything :) Welcome!

um hi.

i'm nick.

i'm friendly and i'm the programmer on GNOG.

i also put tweets here when i'm not looking.

hello!

I hope you guys can help

I have two reasons for posting here today.  One is to say hi and introduce myself and the other is to ask for some much needed help. 

Hi, my name is Steven and I am a 3D asset builder.  I love working in Maya and I am the kind of modeler who loves pushing vertices back and forth until the model is just right.  I am an aspiring level designer and game maker, although at the moment I am just beginning to learn how to do both.  I hope that one day I will be able to post a topic about a game I made.

The other reason I am here is that my mom needs help.  In the last week of February she had to put her dog to sleep, her sister died, and she lost her job.  I've been able to help out some, but I don't make enough to pay all the bills.  At the moment she is still looking for work every day and unemployment is about to run out.  When that happens, if she hasn't found a job, she will lose her house.  I really need help.  A while ago I started a CrowdRise account to get help, but nothing has come in yet.  I calculated it and if 100 people donate just $20 each, that would help her to pay all her bills for another month.  Please help a fellow game enthusiast.

I also have some geek items that I will be selling and once I get all the prices I will post that here too.  Thank you.

www.crowdrise.com/tripletragedyhitshardworkingmom/fundraiser/stevenmc

Hello! I am a long time listener, never poster. When I was younger, I used to play a fair few number of games. Currently, I rarely play, but I still greatly enjoy listening to gaming podcasts (perhaps the podcasts are sufficient to itch the scratch). 

I think I'm reaching out because I'm craving stimulation. Work is frustrating, my ladyfriend is far away, and my mind wanders to long distance bike rides through BC or meandering the Pacific Crest Trail. 

There's something about the IT podcast that has an amazing pull. After listening for years, the personalities and voices are familiar and I often find myself laughing or smiling at the adventures. And the sly boots premise and reactions was hilarious. 

Hello,

I actually created this account to ask a question. Listening to the Idle Weekend podcast, I noticed they have a listener mail feature but I couldn't find any button on the page that would let me send them an email. Was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Hello,

I actually created this account to ask a question. Listening to the Idle Weekend podcast, I noticed they have a listener mail feature but I couldn't find any button on the page that would let me send them an email. Was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Send your email to [email protected]

Hi everyone, long time listener, first time poster.

I used to write for Gamespite when it was still a thing, freelanced for 1up once, still occasionally put articles in at Knights of the Dinner Table magazine. Do a podcast where my buddy and I watch a video clip on loop until we crack and post the same picture of Dave Coulier every day.

I dig Idle Thumbs and have found the way the hosts put that weird inflection on "pretty good" and "so good" (whatever that means) seeping into my speech patterns.

I like games but I have a newish baby so I don't have a lot of time to play them right now. The podcast helps me stay vicariously involved. Putting together a sweet retro station in my little free time, with a real tube TV and everything. Gotta get dose scanlines fam.

Looking forward to conversing with you.

Hello! I am Matt and I am learning to transition from software engineer to be a software engineer who also makes games and never sleeps. I have two boys (4 and 8) who also love games. On twitter I am @mattmanp for anyone interested. I love the Idle Thumbs podcast and have been going through backlog playing them all. 

👋 everyone. Zzot here! 

I… 

… am new to the forum, pretty new to the podcast too (I’ve been listening for around 6 months or so).

… am an Italian that recently moved to the very-cold-Norway.

… used to run a live-play role-playing games podcast.

… slowly learning game design and considering more and more to join the next Wizard Jam.
… interested in adopting a big dog if Boston Dynamics starts abandoning them.

Happy to meet you all! It has been a while since I posted on a forum, feels good to be back!