Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Long time listener to the podcast. Just never thought to check the forums till now. I'm a software developer who quit his job a few months back to do a startup that aims to schedule when gamers play together. My goals are:

To get you playing video games with your friends or groups more often.

To introduce you to new friends you'd get along with.

To help find other gamers who like to play the types of games you do.

Hope to have an alpha ready in 2 months.

Oh man do I need that service. I put a lot of effort into finding discussions about games I'm into. I'm not entirely successful.

Yep, also a new guy here, though I've been listening for about a year or so. Hello to all that came before me.

I make fancy coffee and foods for my day job and in my spare time I'm trying to build a portfolio of art and small games to get into the industry. I'm currently learning C# and to use Unity proficiently. I mostly work in photoshop for art stuff.

I have an incomplete website if you're interested, because nothing is more professional than unfinished work: http://debonoir.net

I couldn't find the small games on that website. Are they public?

Full disclosure: I have no ambitions to make a living-wage from games, nor do I have the capability to do so. I just like small games by amateurs.

I couldn't find the small games on that website. Are they public?

Full disclosure: I have no ambitions to make a living-wage from games, nor do I have the capability to do so. I just like small games by amateurs.

None on there yet. Sorry. I'm still in the learning phase and have't made anything that I would consider a game. Just tutorials and implementing small things for learning purposes. Though, I am starting on something a little bit bigger soon. Thanks for the interest!

Hi all. Been listening to the podcast(s) since the beginning, but never actually visited the site or the forums until today. Not much of a poster, more of a lurker generally, but thought I'd say hi. So, hi. Hi. 

(Hi)

Hi all. Been listening to the podcast(s) since the beginning, but never actually visited the site or the forums until today. Not much of a poster, more of a lurker generally, but thought I'd say hi. So, hi. Hi. 

(Hi)

Hey there! What are your favorite games?

Hey there! What are your favorite games?

Well, I just finished Dark Souls III and I'm currently enjoying the latest Hitman game. I guess I'm into most single player exploration adventure action stuff? 

So apparently I've never said hi, despite reading the forums on and off for quite a while, and listening to the podcasts for a looong time. So hi there, I'm Ben. I'm from Scotland, study Computing, and love systemic games.

Good to see some Brit's here.

Really like the podcasts, been listening for about 1 month. They are intelligent, full of info and fun, and unlike plenty of other podcasts out there not full of their own importance. Currently binging on every pocast available.

And I know this is weird but I hardly play any games, go figure!

Cheers Lee

Hi! I'm Sig, a new forum user but I've been listening for a couple of years.

I'm a game dev from Iceland with ties to the New York game scene as I lived and studied there for a couple of years.

Hope to partake in some good discussions while I'm here.

Hello everyone,

I'm also new to the forum! Been listening to the podcasts these past few months, working my way through the back catalog in a totally moronic, random 'disorganizized' manner. I'm from The Netherlands, 33 years old, I write news articles for a Dutch gaming website (and I've also published a few novels in the past, so yeah, words). Other interests include niche tv shows and movies, playing guitar and/or writing rap lyrics, video editing and books - currently burning through Crime & Punishment, after a bookless period that followed the - satisfactory - exhaustion that was reading Infinite Jest.

My favourite games include the GTA series (starting from the very first, top down one), The Witcher 2, Bioshock 1/2/Infinite, Bethesda's RPG's, Hitman, Portal 2, The Talos Principle, Rayman games and old LucasArts adventures.I have never played Far Cry 2.

Looking forward to joining the discussions here, have a great weekend y'all!

Mark

I have never played Far Cry 2.

It's ok I actively dislike the game and they haven't run me out of town yet.

My love of Far Cry 2 is legit how I found the Idle Thumbs podcast.

My love of Far Cry 2 is legit how I found the Idle Thumbs podcast.

Ha, that's great! I just did a Google search for 'best video game podcast ever'  :)

By the way, I did play Far Cry 1, 3 and 4. Guess I don't fancy malaria much...

Hello! 
We are Palindrome interactive, a small indie developer studio of five developers from Sweden with a passion for making turn based strategy games.
This account however is managed by a lowly intern. ^_^

We are currently trying to spread awarerness about a game we are working on.
Since Im yet to find any rules for posting stuff like that Im just going to ask here. Is it allowed to post a topic about ones own game? Where users can find trailers, gifs, sceenshots and ask questions about the game. If so where should it be posted? In Strategy game discussion (since its a strategy game) or in Game development?

Game development would make sense, there are already a few devlog threads in there. We also have a separate "Plug your shit" thread (yes, that is its title) that is meant to be a concentrated place where members talk about things that they are working on and share what they're proud of. Those would probably be the places to go. Best of luck!

I'm fairly sure I introduced myself here last time I was online... A year or so ago. Hopefully this time I will stick around! ... Maybe. I'm back because I've juicy opinions on overwatch and I've been watching the trials of similarface and subsequently got really into dark souls again.

I'm an animation student who likes dank memes and I tweet too much. I live with SuperBiasedMan, who spends most of his time comparing me to lemongrab or silently judging me for sleeping til noon.

Everything I say is dry sarcasm.

Hello!

Hi I am just some new person (to the forums; been listening for a couple of years). I'm 23 y.o. and I've recently started working in the dank underbelly of the film industry in Los Angeles (post production). In addition to enjoying colors on screens, I also like ink in pages, vibrations in the air, and ghosts.

Favorite game might be Kentucky Route Zero (I like contained interactive fiction type stuff), but also I just like whatever. Been playing Overwatch recently which is super fun, and I've been slowly playing through Dishonored as well.

Anyways, Hi.

Hey, I just got into Idle Thumbs a few months ago. I just moved and have been listening through the back episodes to help make it through the move with my brain intact. So hello.

Hello everyone! Avid listener of Idle Thumbs and Idle Weekend who is also a YouTuber who works in the film industry. Love this place!